War Hens sure do attract large crowds for their Spring games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

The freshmen eagerly anticipate their time to shine as they sit on the bench.

[​IMG]

2. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

That's true. I should have added that about CTT. But something tells me even if he left MarineTiger, and dheadtiger would still find ways to take shots at us! :yelwink2:

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

haha...i would surmise that the d got off easy having to face an entirely new backfield that has little to no experience.

i think the only 'surprise' that anyone will see on our date will be how much unbelievably faster our offense is than you could ever give us credit for.

given our inconsistencies at QB, no one ever had to truly reckon with our insanely speedy corp of WR's last year. don't think that for one second, with the 3 men that we currently have gunning for that position, that the QB will be our weakness again. between jimbo's ability to develope QB's (i.e. davey, mauck) and he and miles' superior offensive strategies, your DB's will be gagging on the smoke. you'll be dealing with the fastest corp of WRs in the country. and oh yeah, let's not forget about the best trio of RBs in the nation...hands down.

whether by land or by air, be prepared to get steamrolled.

4. Contained Chaos

31-7 win 3 years ago? are you to dull to recall the 31-7 win we handed you the very next year? best part about that was that all the aubies around before the game kept yelling about how they were 'undefeated in the SEC' (conveniently omitting the 2 consecutive shutouts to open the season). my how the scenario changed after that game.

speaking of SEC title hopes, i'm betting your as$ still stings from the make up game in '01. you know, the one that got postponed due to :911: . it worked out pretty well b/c it was basically a playoff for the west crown. yeah you remember, when your trailer trash boys (surely under the direction of your trailer trash coach) decided to dance on the eye pre-game, thus getting penalized on the opening kickoff. oh and let's not forget the on-side kick on that very kickoff. haha! tubby the trickster gets played! end result? victory for LSU! we then proceeded to knock off the mighty tennessee in the title game, completely spoiling their NC hopes. after that, we straight up embarassed illinois in the sugar.

stole LSU's thunder, eh? you mean like the thunder TS produced in the closing seconds of the earthquake game? thought so.

which reminds me, if going 13-0 and still not even getting considered to play for the NC doesn't tell you how bad you suck, then you've got some serious denial issues. if you would like to know what winning one feels like, there are plenty of us around here who would be more than happy to fill you in.

son, i've got a newsflash for you: teams beating us does not induce hate. florida has whipped our as$es more than anybody that i can recall in my lifetime, and there isn't even a fraction of the distaste towards them from tiger fans. we hated you long before the '99 game that you mentioned.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

The funny thing I find with the Aubies is that they say they won't mind Cox going through his "growing pains" but you know that once he screws something up they will call for the kids head.

Much like Russell here at times last year whenever he made one poor judgement.

6. Contained Chaos

so was it the 'growing pains' or the phenomenal defense that allowed his solid stats for the game?

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the reason cox was productive is because they had almost no starters suited up for this game. everyone needed an updated roster if they witnessed this scrimmage.

AU's defense will in no way be improved from last year. Much more time on the field and tons of injuries especially to their linebackers.

we learned last year even with more depth and more talent does not replace chemistry. Auburn best prepare for a serious downgrade on both side of the ball. Im not sure which side will have the biggest dropoff but it will be signicant for both.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I don't think anyone here has yet mentioned the loss of Gene Chizik..

Also, LSU was not more talented last year. We lost two NFL draft picks on the D-line, which in themselves probably made CW and TD look a lot better out on the edges. Jack Hunt and Matt Mauck might not be as physically gifted as Jessie Daniels and J.R. respectively, but they both put up better numbers than their replacements. We had terrible WR play after the loss of Clayton and Henderson, and our SECCG/MNC MVP played horribly.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

overall we were "potentially" more talented going into the season. with webster /td/spears returning and wroten and highsmith filling in, the sky was the limit.

lesson learned. football games aren't won on paper.

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Real Tigers get crystal, paper Tigers can actually win games "on paper" !

From August 6, 2003 http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/1566950

NOTE: When does the Sporting News issue come out that declares who the National Champion will be this year ?