War Memorial

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mach316, Nov 23, 2010.

1. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

I've been to Fayettenam but never to War Memorial, just wonderin what to expect. I'm pretty sure ther will be lots of hillbilly looking folk hollaring wooooooooooo pig sooie razorbacks! My wife and I will be going with some hog fans but we will be sporting the purple and gold! If I see Verne, ill chunk a corn dog at em..

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I have been to Fayetteville several times and to be honest its very nice, nice campus great stadium. Northwest Arkansas is a very pretty part of our country. Now every time I have gone I get to sit in a Luxury box in their Stadium so I have a skewed view maybe.

War Memorial is a sh*t box, and most Arkansas fans will agree. My close friend and neighbor is a Hog and they cannot stand the fact LSU vs. Arky is always in Little Rock.
    I have been there twice for LSU games and it truly is a Toilet, and again I am not saying that to rip on Arkansas. All my Arkansas friends say the same thing.
    Also the "Fans" in Little Rock are slightly different than those in Northwest Arkansas.

If you see their place on Campus you would know why. Its a very nice stadium they have in Fayetteville...

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think we'll get CBS's 'B' broadcast team for the game. Lundquist and Danielson are doing the Iron Bowl on Friday. Then again, Tuscaloser and Fayetville aren't that far away. They may hope a red eye, but I doubt it. We'll probably get Craig Bolerjack (sp?) for play by play and I don't know what analyst works with him. I'll take Bolerjack over Lundquist any day.

4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Makes you wonder why they even schedule a big SEC game like that in Little Rock. What's the purpose of it? I think War Memorial only holds like 56,000 or so while Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville holds 72,000 plus. They'd make a hell of lot more money playing in Fayetteville and I'm sure the atmosphere is MUCH better up there. Hopefully they'll move it out of Little Rock one of these years. :LSU231:

5. TexasTigers

According to my buddy there is a collection of big time boosters in Little Rock that have enough influence to keep it there.
    Between 2 games in little rock and the Aggie game in Jerry world gives them only a handfull in their real stadium

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think it's because the BBQ restaurants are better in Little Rock !! :thumb:

7. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

I'm all about some BBQ :thumb:

8. Lurking Tiger

Lurking Tiger Founding Member

This is exactly the reason. Most of the state's population lives in Pulaski County. The drive from Little Rock to Fayetteville takes sveral hours on game day. The old money doesn't like to pile into their Lincoln Continentals and drive up to NWA.

The tailgate for War Memorial is actually on a golf course. It's the only time I have had my car on a golf course and didn't get chased by the cops. :milesmic:

9. acerydr

acerydr Founding Member

War Memorial Stadium

I went to a LSU/Arkansas game there a few years back with a friend and my daughter (her first Tiger game was away from BR but I made up for that later). I thoroughly enjoyed it. Colors of red and purple/gold everywhere, trees outside the stadium in fall colors, beautiful field, etc. You are right on top of the players. Again, I totally loved it. Of course we beat the tar out of them that day which didn't hurt anything. I think you will totally enjoy it.

10. TexasTigers

It is almost equivalent to LSU playing 2 games a year in Shreveport in the Independence bowl, and one in Houston.
    Imagine how we would feel if every other year LSU played Auburn for example in Shreveport.
    You never got to see Auburn in your own stadium..... That is what the NW Arkansas fan (And season ticket holder), Students feels like. Oh and tack on "BY the way we for the next 10 years we are taking away another OOC game and putting it in Dallas, and you price stays the same yet you have to buy tickets for that game"

Its kind of crappy actually. I get it helps recruiting and the game is Dallas is a big success for them. I have been to both so far.

Its a shame because as I said Fayetteville, is actually very nice.

But its like the new parking fee next year. We can complain all we want but we will still pay it.