Was it this bad?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TSmith, Jan 7, 2004.

1. TSmith

TSmith Founding Member

Out of curiosity, I went over to a Sooner board to see what the mood was over there. Turns out, all of their fans had a terrible time. They are making us out to be horrible fans, and more importantly, horrible people. I was in the Quarter 3 nights in a row and saw none of what was mentioned in this thread I'm attatching. I tried to be nice, as did all LSU fans I saw. Was it really this bad?.........

http://www.soonerfans.firstdownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8215

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Uhm -- this is the first I've heard of anything like that. Every OU fan I've spoken to said they had a great time. My guess is that one person heard something and the rest of the sheeple are either repeating what they heard from others (saying it happened to them -- with their own personal touch) or just flat out making up stuff.

3. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

"4. When hearing "Tiger Bait" it is usally associated with a sneer and a finger rather than a wave and a smile."

What do they want, cookies and milk too?

4. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

I think we neeed to understand when you put 500 thousand people in one place some bad things are going to happen. Even though there may have been only a few instances of bad behavior this is what you are going to hear about the most

5. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

I was all over the quarter and I didn't witness it. The most ribbing I heard was on Bourbon and lets face it, if you want civilized behavior, don't goto bourbon. EVERY OU fan I talked to reported having an enjoyable time.

I think maybe most of the whining:cry: we're hearing is coming from some fans that are upset about gettin spanked:angry:.

I still feel like the OU fans I spoke encountered were classy folks.

6. ThePistol

ThePistol Founding Member

The most I heard when I was on bourbon saturday was "Tigerbait" and "Conference champs" I didn't hear anything else. I sat and talked with a group of Sooners fans who told me we had a great state and they loved being here. Another group of Sooners bought me three beers while I talked to them.

of course you hear the usual bourbon chants, such as "Show me your tits!" And a lot of sooners on that board seem to take offense to it, but hey, when in Rome...

They also need to realize that there were a lot of people who weren't LSU fans there. These people were there for the party, that's it.

My friend did get into an altercation with a sooner, but that's only becuase the sooner kept running his hand across my friend's girlfriends butt.

other than that, nothing. I believe these to be made up.

(all the reports of the pushing and shoving done to sooner fans, that reminds me of a regular mardi gras day in the quarter, no room to walk.)

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

8. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

It's just sour grapes by a few folks.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

These are the OU fans that cannot deal with the fact that LSU dominated the line of scrimmage for the first 3 quarters and the defense dominated them all game long.

Remember, they moved the ball all game long on K-State, they just kept screwing up when they got inside the red zone. They had 5 sustainable offensive drives. Against LSU, they had basically none (longest drive was 48 yards late in the 4th).

They are just using this excuse to vent their frustration.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Am I the only LSU fan hearing other LSU fans dropping the f-bomb when they yell Tiger Bait? I've noticed this is happening more and more the last couple of years. I'm not sure when LSU changed from Tiger Bait to Tiger F'ing Bait?

Now I know most of you young guns aren't bothered by this ... but some older fans hold the opinion that this is classless.

And yes, I heard it numerous times this past weekend.