Was that a missle launced off the coast of Cali?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by flabengal, Nov 25, 2010.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Never saw anything on here about this. I know its a bit old now....just wanted to get some opinions.

I think it was a Chinese missle launched off the American coast to show the US that China will not be the lapdog of American policy like Japan.

Anyone else?

US cover story that it was a contrail seems laughable.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plaENJLgG-w&feature=related]YouTube - Mystery Missile Fired Off Southern California Coast[/ame]

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why in the world do you think this? Oh, wait . . . the lunatic truther, Glen Beck said this, with no evidence whatsoever, of course..

It is absurd that China would risk relations with America by shooting an sea-lauched ballistic missile a few miles off the California coast. The sub would have been detected by navy seafloor sonar far before reachng that point and warships would have been tracking it.. In any case, chinese ballistic missiles have ranges of 5,000 miles. Nobody gets up close to toss ballistic missiles. And where did the warhead come down, if it was a missile. A warhead coming down in the USA would be an act of war. It simply didn't happen.

Quite the contrary, I thought it was an aircraft contrail when I saw it and this has been confirmed. It is moving far too slow to be a SLBM and no missile launches have been detected by the Defense Department, although that area had a large number of commercial airliners. It is an optical illusion that the contrail appears to be coming up out of the ocean. Due to the curvature of the earth, a jet traveling at high altitude leaves a contrail that is first seen at the horizon and travels up and over the viewer. I've seen this many times.

It was the bright orange sunset lighting the contrail that caught the attention of the observers. The bright light at the head of the contrail is observed to be flickering, something that rocket engines do not do. It was likely sunlight reflecting off the aircraft. Analysis of flight data indicate that the contrail was actually U.S. Airways flight 808 from Hawaii enroute to Pheonix.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

damn you red, how dare you inject sense into a good truther conspiracy.

:hihi:

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Sic him martin.

5. flabengal

Red55:

Well, first things first...

I don't know why you always think I watch Glen Beck. I don't even live in the US and they don't play Beck on the t.v. here. I have seen clips of his show on youtube but only when poking around the net. I really know jack squat about Beck except he seems to talk abou the Constitution a lot. Other than that, zip, nada, zero.

Secondly, as far as detecting the Chinese sub, I am aware we are supposed to be able to do that but there have been confirmed reports of chinese subs penetrating carrier groups for goodness sake. Slinking around the california coast must be easier than that trick.
    The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced | Mail Online

Thirdly, I did not in the least suggest the missle landed in on US territory. I imagine it landed somewhere in the ocean or whereever else they want missles to land when "they" do something like this. North Korea has shot missles over Japan. Where did they land?

I think they do this kind of stuff as sort of a geopolitical cat and mouse game like American pilots "buzzing" Soviet bases during the cold war and visa versa. I assume it has something to do with the debasement of the dollar and China's displeasure over it but that is pure speculation.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Everything makes sense now.

7. flabengal

I can't believe you used the word "confirmed". Because the military said so? That's like Gene Chizik "confirming" that Cam Newton did nothing wrong. He has a vested interest in covering up the facts.

Contrails don't billow out of an engine directly like that and they don't form at low altitudes, from my understanding. That was not a contrail from a plane. But don't take my word for it:

Also:

8. flabengal

I was waiting for that one....it's a long story, bro...

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

there is no rational explanation, no perfectly sensible argument that the truthers will not put all their might into refusing in favor of explanations that are infinitely less likely. the truther is the greatest example of how for crazy people, belief is a matter of choice, when it should be a matter of reality and reason. truthers can choose to believe anything they want, they dont have the rational mind that forces them to take a sane viewpoints. they are 100% emotional, like a child that forces himself to believe in santa.

the official explanation is "laughable". but somehow the standard for what is laughable is not similarly applied to truther explanations, which are judged as reasonable no matter how bat**** insane they are.

10. flabengal

Did you even watch the clip? Does that look like a plane to you? I used to live in florida and saw plenty of space shuttle launces. You cannot confuse something going straight up like that with flames coming out of the back with a plane. All the initial reports said "missle" and the military initially acknowledged they didn't know what that was.

It was only after the "spin doctors" got there wheels turning that they came out afterwards and said it was a plane. Those statements have been contradicted by various other military experts.

So you can believe your own eyes and the initial reports backed up by experts with no vested interest in a cover up or you can believe the government who was obviously embarrassed by the incident. Again, for some inane reason you want to parrot the government line when plenty of evidence contradicts it. That's your problem, not mine.