Was that a missle launced off the coast of Cali?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by flabengal, Nov 25, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

as i have said before, it is not the wild truther conpiracies that fascinate me, it is the psychological problems of the truthers. i was reading today and i saw this quote:

If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.

- bertrand russell

now my question is why someone would have the intinct toward loony conspiracies. and i still think it is desperation and insecurity.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think they are just people who like murder-mysteries and such.

3. red55

It could be a top-secret research project from the ACME Corporation.

[​IMG]

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Maybe some sailors got drunk and accidentally shot a missile cause they thought it would be cool. How many times have you been drunk and thought it would be fun to go shoot a shot gun in the air? Imagine how you would act as a drunken sailor. You guys know how drunk sailors get, and how big the guns they have to shoot are.

I'mna go with that, or an airplane.

5. red55

Drunk or bored. The B-52G was the last model to have a tail gunner who sat in the tail position. The tail gunner did not have an ejection seat, when the eject alarm came on, he would pull a switch which would jettison the entire tail turret and he could simply step out with his parachute on.

The plane was about to be retired in the '80's and on a long night flight over Arkansas, the bored tail gunner, who sat in a pressurized tail compartment all by himself, decided not to go back with the bomber. He jettisoned the tailcone and parachuted out . . . just for kicks.

They court-marshaled him of course.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i like a nice mystery too, but i still am aware that they are fiction. i cant make myself believe them.

in this case, there isnt even a mystery. the story is that a plane a UPS plane from hawaii flew by, like it does every day. thats the story. thats all the truther needs to fin a reason for the government to lie. and lie about something that makes no sense.

so the truther goes out of his way to avoid the obvious, thats what i think is interesting.

"a normal plane flew over? cant believe that, too crazy!" - glenn beck

i dunno how sabanfan can still like that idiot.

7. red55

Birds of a feather . . .

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i just watched:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB7EGlGfJzI]YouTube - It Was a Missile - Not a Plane[/ame]

that guy is so crazy! i didnt realize how crazy he is. he is talking about some good vs evil army of god crap. he sounds like he is reading the lord of the rings.

beck is crazier than i though, fox is out of their minds for keeping him on.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i have two ex's. ex husband who was army, and ex longterm bf who was navy but out before we met. the ex bf told me stories of dropping acid then standing watch on the bridge at night. something about tripping and watching waves.

so we can throw high/stoned/tripping into the mix. :hihi:

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I haven't watched Beck in, like, 6 months. But that doesn't mean I don't find a loit of what he uncovers interesting. You don't agree with him so you attack him. Typical liberal.