Watch as Guice Squats 650

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jun 24, 2017.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You would be correct.

He actually has a higher ceiling than LF7

GregLSU likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Just wait to see what LF7 does without Miles holding him back. Dude is insane.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Only if the Jaguars can put together a good enough O line.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

"...without Miles holding him back?" He's beginning to get blamed for a lot, but holding the running game back isn't one I thought I'd see.

mctiger likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

Lack of passing game restricts running game; see every game vs the roll turds.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Against Alabama he was bottled up. There tends to be a hangover after that game and I think it's arguable he felt the after effects against Arkansas--though they did have a good run defense in '15. The rest of the SEC he was putting @ 160 up at the least. He had the same number of carries in four of those games with a 225 game against Auburn. I don't see that season as being restricted, at all, for him.

And yet was second that season in the SEC for conference games. It was a bit over 1100 against SEC teams; a statement in itself.

7. lsu-i-like

I think Fournette is incredible and the talk that Guice has more upside seems absurd. Guice is more versatile, but I think Fournette (barring injury) will be Petersen in his prime. I love Guice, too, but Fournette is as advertised and better than what he was able to show vs Bama.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

He's a beat writer's dream player. The tat with "savage," playing for his mom stories, now the squat numbers ... a gift that keeps on giving at running back. It's a heck of a lot better story than reading and hearing about your running back and injury(s.) In that light, it makes sense to me Guice is getting the hype right now.

9. lsu-i-like

If we don't have a passing game he won't fare much better than Fournette vs the roll turds.

Don't disagree, though Fournette gave folks plenty of "ammo" during his time as well. Guice's tat is fugly.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'll leave you to your own vices. Picking gnat shit out of pepper seems to be a favorite. Play on.

He played in more games, Sherlock. Three more, to be exact. Henry also had about half of the number of carries against the "give-me" games on that schedule--your EMU's, WKU's, and of course 'Cuse--when compared to LF. That years award came down to who did what, against whom. Very few can't see that.

What the NFL looks for in any given year is anyone's guess. I care very little for that product or whatever their decision making process is on any given day.

As to Orgeron's mismanagement in '16. Meh. There are far too many factors involved above and beyond your problems with Orge. Maybe he was used wrong. Maybe he was dealing with injuries all last season. Maybe there are no changes to the LSU offense coming and you'll continue seeing power based offense. Maybe he (LF) had his eyes set on the NFL instead of what was in front of him. Maybe it's a combination of all the above.