Watch Out Cam Newton

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bhelmLSU, Nov 4, 2010.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Here's a real chance for the NCAA to flex their muscles. They always complain that they can't get any cooperation because the targets are out of college but now they have one that is still in school. They should tell him that if he and his family don't cooperate, they will rule him ineligible.

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Yes, exactly right. I dont think a 20 year old is going to handle this pressure very well. The team is going to suffer from all the negative attention. They could easily lose to Georgia and Bama now and if we win out we are there!

Newton and his family have already cooperated. Supposedly Newtons dad handed over his financial records to the NCAA and Aub investigated this months ago. If its bogus they will be outed.

3. Kurtis Bleaux

Kurtis Bleaux Founding Member

Well we definitely won't see him next year...NFL bound for sure

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Didn't know that. Probably nothing will come of it then.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

They handed over records for the one church in question and not the 4 others he oversees but have not been interrogated by the ncaa or anything like that. Just Getting started from what I am hearing. Auburn received the letter a month or so ago according to the AD. The family just made a comment that they recently acquired an attorney and NCAA only recently acquired some of the reports on the matter. I think we will see this dragged out for a while.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The church contractor is a registered agent in MS.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This is gonna suck for AU. 04 they go undefeated and get left out of the big dance. 2010 they are a front runner for the big dance and should they win it all might have it yanked in a couple of yrs.

Never to see the dance again if the sanctions get handed down. This will suck for AU if it takes the path that USC took.

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Sheesh, I feel like I am defending Aub. I feel dirty. Let me go take a shower!

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not necessarily defending them, but really don't want to see what could possibly happen to them. I have said it before as much as I might dislike or even hate a particular foe, I would never wish the NCAA hammer on any of them.

10. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

[​IMG]

I thought this should be shared here too. Just in case anyone missed it. LSUfreek's best work ever, IMO.