Watch Out Cam Newton

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bhelmLSU, Nov 4, 2010.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

brett, ... i generally find your postings to be factual and credible, but I think you may have gotten ahead of yourself on this one. (which is exactly the response that Thamel and Schlabach had hoped to solicit).

Exactly who is the "AU booster" you're referencing above?

Facts: Auburn is not under NCAA investigation, nor has there been any sort of LOI to AU. Bond originally reported his contact with Kenny Rogers to the NCAA. NCAA approached AU and the Newton's as part of the investigation of Roger's contact with MSU.

The Newtons voluntarily provided personal and professional financials and tax records to the NCAA and SEC offices. The NCAA cleared AU back in July of ever having any contact with Rogers and later confirmed Newton's eligibility to play the '10 season.

According to Bond, there were two people in between him and Rogers regarding this information, and Bond admits his info was "third hand."
    linky:
    680 The Fan - Play Now

Now I'll switch to my opinion .... I question a lot about Bond and Rogers.

Mullen never wanted the story to get out but Meyer insisted and contacted his personal friend Thamel at the NYT. Mullen knew that MSU didn't notify the SEC about the allegation until January... in other words, MSU didn't stop recruiting Cam when Bond contacted the MSU Athletic Department about the indirect contact with Rogers ... and they only provide the info to the SEC offices after Newton's commitment to Auburn.

I don't believe MSU had any intention of paying a street agent for Newton, but neither were thier hands entirely clean.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

that's a LONG time before the recruitment.
    IMO maybe too long beforehand to attach any strings.

I mean hell, the kid hadn't even taken his 1st snap in JUCO ball yet at this point.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Not only the time line but the church contractor "Anthony Paige" is not the same guy as the sports agent "Tony Paige". Tony Paige the agent lives in Maryland and doesnt have a contractor business in Georgia.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

My name is not Brett.:D

Look at the time of my post. I was passing the news from the tweets before the story broke. Check my other post for the clarifications I made in the other thread. You should know that I will bring what I can without making it personal. I know AU fans will take reports personally and debunk them but I will still bring to info to the board.

As for the contracting agent this was on the MS Agent registry. Maybe it is not him and I am sure AU fans have gone into more detail given the circumstances so I trust DRC that he is not the agent in question.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

oops, sorry for the name mixup bhelm .... no disrespect intended. :yelwink2:

And no, I didn't take it personal as an AU fan .... just suggested that a lot of innuendo and hyperbole are being spun out in the media.

The whole story doesn't add up to me .... especially when you consider the timing and the different players involved. Meyer's got some 'splainin' to do ....

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I got an email with the bios of the two people in question. It came from my uncle in law at Tennessee. One was to the sports agents web page and another to the construction company's page. It looked legit to me and there was no question they were not the same people.

There was a tidbit that may have some bearing though. Paige the sports agent was Newtons brothers agent when he was playing pro ball. It was unclear if he is still the brothers agent but I found it a strange coincidence.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

No prob Caddy and I agree that there is a lot more rumors and very little facts at this time.

Good stuff DRC...That is why I knew I could trust you.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Makes me wonder, can 1 player take down 3 schools all at the same time. Hmmm: Rumor Ole Miss, Timing UF, ends up at AU.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Whats going around the athletic offices throughout the conference is that Aub and MooU are likely ok. Whats not so clear is the who said/what was said/when it was said and did Newtons dad have any involvement in this. Newtons dad is the one person not under a gag order yet he is saying little. There are a lot of reasons he could be remaining quiet but he is the key player.

Im also hearing ESPN is stepping back from the story and will likely not publish a follow up unless new information is uncovered. They jumped the gun and it make come out their sources are bogus liars or unscrupulous swindlers which is a reporters nightmare scenario. The main players in their story have already denied they said what ESPN claims.

Meyer's involvement in this is still very much in play. If that comes out as the truth his reputation will be dog ***** and he will be exposed for being a petty little prick.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"exposed for being a petty little prick"

Exposed. I think that has been long confirmed.
    I cannot stand that guy, 17% of his roster since he has been there has been arrested.

He is a little punk. Yeh he can coach and he recruits but I cannot think of a bigger douche in the SEC besides him. Maybe Nutt. But at least Nutt is jovial and funny, a snake sure.
    Meyer is a condescending jack ass. I wish nothing but failure on him