Watch out for Ole Miss recruiting.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TN Tiger, Feb 24, 2005.

1. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

As this article states Orgeron will do almost anything to get a player. USC learned it from him and is still doing it today. A star USC signee's Dad is now a USC Security Guard after "retiring" from his police officer position in his home state.

What does an "assistant athletics director for football external affairs" do??!!

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/other_sports/article/0,1406,KNS_304_3571491,00.html

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I'm not that worried about Ole Miss. Recruiting in SoCal is a lot easier than recruiting in Oxford, Mississippi..He may improve them a bit, but nothing too drastic to worry about.

3. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Founding Member

Who's the USC player? Just curious.

4. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

Patrick Turner is what the Tennessean reported a few weeks ago.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

exactly...all the extra's in the world will never change the fact that it is OLE PISS.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

When he first started hiring coaches, I said this....he will soon take a few recruits of ours if he can somehow win 7-8 games at Ole Miss, which I don't think is out of the question.

BUT

With that said, I doubt he ever builds anything long-term significant at Ole Miss.

7. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

Orgeron's already started. Oher's high school coach was given a job at Ole Piss.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Ole Miss would have to show a much larger dedication to the program to attract more than one or two blue chippers a year -- starting with building an actual college (read: non-high school) football stadium.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I disagree with the opinion that Ole Miss cant be made into a winner.. mississippi, while not as much as louisiana, is a good football state. If they or miss. st. can control the recruiting there and pick up one or two players from texas and florida (they have a good central location between those two), then they could make a run..

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

none taken. I agree that there are too many obsticles to overcome anytime soon. Too many schools competing for the local talent. (OM, MSU, USM, JSU, VALLEY, ALCORN,) Just don't get too overconfident. I've been in TS feeling really sorry for some PITIFUL LSU teams. I remember the defarto years. OM had just beaten LSU in TS. As I was leaving, passing in front of the OM band, there was someone who yelled out "go to hell LSU." I laughed and said, "They already have." I KNOW how LSU fans hate to lose. A young lady said, "that wasn't nice." She wore LSU colors and her husband wore OM colors. I told her, "Young lady, I have been coming to these games a long time. I have seen OM and LSU in high times and low times. This is the lowest I've ever seen LSU. I am no brain child but you can BET THE HOUSE that LSU will be back." TOO MUCH PRIDE AT STAKE HERE. :geauxtige LSU! :champs: