Watch out for Ole Miss recruiting.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TN Tiger, Feb 24, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They've added on to it and renovated.

[​IMG]

It's much bigger and nicer than it used to be.

2. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Anybody who thinks that OM can't once again be a national contender with the right coach is only deluding themselves. In this day and age of limited scholarships, nationwide recruiting, etc. ANYBODY can step out onto the national stage at anytime with the right coach. Just look at Boise St., Louisville, Utah to name a few. Fla. St. before Bobby Bowden was a perennial loser.

Is there anybody on here that thinks OM was not a winner under Cutcliffe, especially with Eli Manning? Let's not forget OM could have very well beaten LSU had Nichols kicked the FG's in 2003.

I'm not saying that Orgeron is the one who will necessarily bring OM back to national prominence, but to say that OM will NEVER compete again on that level is just plain lunacy.

:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

3. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Hey,"Mike The Tiger", saying that Ole Miss can be successful....

Is one thing but in reality, it hasn't been done in Oxford since 1963.

Does that mean that Ole Miss will never again win the SEC football Title?
    No. However, there is a good reason for the lack of success at Ole Miss
    and simply ignoring that fact won't make success happen. there are some serious drawbaclks at Ole Miss when compared to the SEC "big boys" and hiring Ed Orgeron hasn't cured any of them. In Orgeron's first year at Ole Miss
    his recruiting class is made up of mostly "2-star" recruits and he has had
    alarming turnover on his staff in a total of 3 months. What has Orgeron accomplished that would lead anyone to believe that he is on track to turn Ole Miss into an SEC power?

Ole Miss is in a state where there is good talent but the numbers aren't there
    to support 3 D1A football programs. USM, Mississippi State and ole Miss all are going after the top kids in Mississippi and by the time all 3 get their share of recruits there isn't enough SEC caliber talent left in Mississippi to make any of the 3 schools a true power.

The State of Mississippi loses many key players to out of state schools and this occurred again this year.

The Ole Miss fan base is one of the smallest in the SEC. This impacts the
    financial capabilities of the entire athletic program,including football.

The Ole Miss football stadium, while it has been expanded to 60,000 seats is still one of the 3 smallest stadiums in the SEC. This has a direct impact on ticket sales and revenue. However, the fact is that even if Ole Miss had a
    90,000 seat stadium, they could rarely (if ever) fill it.

Last, what Ole Miss "woulda, coulda, shoulda" done against LSU is B.S.
    In reality, Ole Miss couldn't beat LSU with all the chips on the table, in their own backyard, with their best team in 20 years, with Eli at QB, even after LSU spotted Ole Miss a TD on the 1st play from scrimmage. Then Ole Miss followed that season up with a royal flop because Ole Miss doesn't have the depth and talent needed to compete at the top of the SEC.

Ole Miss is a Runt.-Trev Alberts

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Re: Hey,"Mike The Tiger", saying that Ole Miss can be successful....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm[​IMG]

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Great post, Colonel.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Let's not kid ourselves - The picture you posted of their stadium makes it look good. I was there last year. Their stadium had a face lift, that's it. When you walk in, or around to get food, the underneath looks WORSE than a High school stadium. I was scared for my life that the P.O.S. would collapse down on me. Their facilities are NOT "very good", and getting better all the time isn't good enough for that cra##y stadium.

Also as someone said, Ole Miss will always play us hard. I always enjoy our games. However, Orgeron isn't going to get Ole Miss onto the SEC West challenger scene anytime soon, much less SECCG or National Championship.

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

We just finished our basketball play off game against Amite and we played against the Ole Miss signee Kendrick Perry. This guy is about 6'1 230ish. He's lightening quick. He can jump out of the gym. He had a dunk against us that was unreal. He's def a good pick up for the Rebels. He was sporting his Ole Miss headband and all. He's going to help them.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Who is "we" and why do we care about the basketball skills of some dope that's going to Ole Miss?

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

We is Brusly, and I was noting how quick the guy was. This guy was very well built and an awesome athlete.

10. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Kendrick Perry wouldn't get on the field at LSU....

I have seen Perry play FOOTBALL several times and while he is good playing RB in high school, he would in no way beat out the likes of Addai, Vincent,
    or Broussard. The kid runs around a 4.65 maybe 4.7 and is going to have trouble playing RB in the SEC.

Then LSU recruited and signed the #1 RB in Louisiana from Winnfield,
    Antonio Robinson. I have seen Robinson play as well and Robinson is by far the better back. No doubt about it.

Perry is in reality a FB at the college level and in LSU's case, LSU signed one of the top Fullbacks in the country in Mandeville's Steven Korte. Korte was
    also a much higher rated player than Perry.

Ole Miss beat out USM and Tulane for the kid. Now because Orgeron signs some 2nd tier kid from Louisiana he's supposedly great. What a laugh.

I have nothing against the kid but he really isn't the type of player some on the boards are portraying him to be.