Watching games with no cable

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cul2969, Jul 19, 2016.

1. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

I think I am going to finally kick directv to the curb. The deciding factor will be whether or not I can watch the Tigers. Tell me if I am wrong here... it seems that I would be able to see all the games with Sling TV and CBS All Access. Is that correct?

Are there any better options?

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

3. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

Thank you!

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Go for the easier option and better picture quality with an HD Antenna to watch CBS for LSU games and other local channels.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

All I can say is that Sling TV is the bomb. Hooked up ROKU and I was off to the races. All-SEC, all the time. Amazing Dish Network through Sling is finally getting some decent live packages over the internet.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I used Sling for 2015 season. Stability was an issue so I cancelled after baseball season. Far cry from Netflix streaming quality and stability. Soon as I cancelled they upgraded and offered me a free Roku 2. May try again in Sept. Price can't be beat, $20 for all ESPN and SEC. CBS streams their games now and it is decent except all the crap sportscasting shows between. May switch back to HD antenna once I run second line.

8. TUSKtimes

Maybe internet speed, but not an issue with my setup. I'm using an outdoor antenna with a preamp, local channels are not an issue. The free Roku is pretty much giving everyone a free 3-month trial. Hope things work for you.

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Missed part where I said Netflix rocks, 18mbs. It's a matter of buffering and freezing up. Much more noticeable with the semi-live feed. Now you could suggest Charter is throttling Sling intentionally...

10. TUSKtimes

I keep a speed check on my charter and I'm usually 10 mbps lower than what I'm buying. Usually tops around 20mbps. Count my blessings the season is coming fast.

tirk likes this.