WBRZ reported that Hill is going pro

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Feb 2, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Thank you so much!

What a magnificent and thoughtful insult!

I cannot possibly thank you enough!

2. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

You need to learn how to construct a sentence. You are missing a verb.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

LMAO.....too funny!!!

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Ok, now I see, Tiger1958 is just the resident punching bag.

5. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

Marquise Hill

Not in New england, Belichick rotates all his defensive linemen in and out throughout each game, no one rides the pine on his bench, Except for backup QB, I believe all remaining 44 activated players played in all but 3 games for them this year !.

6. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

maybe LSULSULSU is from Asia.

I keep picturing a asian man talking.

and tiger 1958 - you have a misunderstanding

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

From what I've observed, Tiger1958's life is a whole misunderstanding.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I for one am tired of people typing in chicken shit english and not caring to double check what they posted. I quickly skip past any posts like the one in question above as it serves no purpose as if it sounds like it is written in Portuguese (and yes I know Portuguese isn't a language, they speak and write Mongolian).

My assumption is we have a lot of posters who are 17 and under on here. Makes you wonder about Louisiana's educational system, which we already know is in shambles.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I'm not sure if you're referring to my previous post, but it was meant as a joke. I'm sure that was clear enough though.

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Thanks for the note Islstl.

I had thrown several questions regarding the spelling and more importantly, meaning of several posts earlier on this thread only to be called out because of MY english. The sad thing is that the poster in question DOES know how to spell and write (it's obvious by some of his responses), but like many in today's society, misspell for general effect or to mislead. I don't think in most cases that it is anything more than trying to get attention or "jackin' with the establishment". There is also a certain creative aspect to it as well, and some folks are "in" on it and some folks are being left out.

I don't think that this is NECESSARILY an indictment of the Louisiana school system, indeed, I think this is somewhat endemic to modern-day American society. Check out the nature of the number of popular culture items that utilize misspelling as a slang to attribute a certain panache to whatever it is that is being sold, promoted, discussed, etc.

If you're in, you're in.
    If you're not, then you didn't need to know what we were selling anyway, right?
    We only want the cool people in here.
    And if I CAN'T spell, that's YOUR problem, and MY creative mistake.

The bottom line is that in today's society, style trumps substance.
    That's been the rule since the 60's.
    And like it or not, in most cases, it is here to stay.

On a last note: Popular uses of words make our language the living instrument that it is. American history itself is littered with the slang that makes our American language particularily difficult for outsiders to learn. Several decades ago, there was no reference for the incorrect slang word "irregardless". However, due to the fact that it is USED so often, it has come to be considered today as a synonym for the CORRECT word "regardless". Common usages of words and spellings will eventually change them.

I agree that on this board, we should at least try to be clear in our conversations, and not ridicule those who ask for meaning or clarification when we don't do a good job with posting our thoughts.

IMHO, the ridiculing of those folks just looking for an clarification is pretty puerile, at best.