We are 5-0 with a New QB - lets look at the rest of 2010

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

We will have a two-quarterback system. Miles has announced it. He did not say who would be the starting QB.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

pretty sure we are going run package when jj is in the game now. at least for the most part.

but beware. jl still has a 10 cent head. in the swamp.

this likely wont end well.

we still have no qb but maybe we can get by.

3. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

More than the QB play, what worries me is the poor execution on offense. And missed oppurtunites on defense. (Well, Loston's dropped pick stands out)

If we just quit being sloppy, with poor execution and penalties, we can play with anyone.

But, is that possible at this point in the season?

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Here's to hoping the players only meeting has a positive impact on these concerns. You are right, should this team, play as a team and stop with the stupid mental errors they can and will compete with anyone.

5. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

Most of you guys are more optimistic than me. I was leaning towards a 9-3 season. However, with Les insisting on continuing to play Jefferson, I am thinking 8-4 is likely.

I think many of you are underestimating what the best teams will do against our defense. Agreed our D is good, but IMO we are not going to shut down Fla, Ala, AU, & Ark. They are simply too good. Our D will hold its own, but will not dominate. Unfortunately, our offense is likely to be dominated.

Also, I agree with the posters that argued with the statement that Les is not dumb. From my viewpoint, he's got a way to go to prove that after the last two seasons. To those who think it is all Crowton's fault, and Les is about to take over and save the day, I think you are living in Fantasy Land.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Lee didnt impress me until the last drive, but before that he made some horrible mistakes, but we still have a passing threat when he is in the game. I am still a bit confused about why they dont call the same passing plays when JJ is in the game, referring to the screens and quick hitches.

I am hoping we can get by on the threat that he can get it down field with a small amount of accuracy which is a million more than JJ.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

The truth likely lies somewhere in the middle. If the offense finds itself, we'll have a shot in any game we play. I will not concede a loss nor declare a win against ANY team at this point. The truth is, we don't even really know what kind of Tiger team we have yet. The next four weeks will define their season.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lee will make elway type passes. make no mistake this kid looks like he may have an nfl arm.

but from my vantage point I do not think he can ever be a smart qb. It seems he will always make ridiculous throws and stupid decisions at some point in the game.

but hey, at least he can wing it.

What you see by the fanbase is an overreaction to mediocre qb play. Why? Because we are so starved for something even decent, Jlee looks like a savior.

But he's not. He's decent and he's going to break your heart. But he may also put it all together and beat a really good team at some point as well.

Each game will be a crapshoot. be ready to sit on the edge of your seat not only for the clueless head coach but with the gunslinger lee.

a match made in heaven. Arent you excited to see how this unfolds? I know I am.

2 people like this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I am very excited to see it. Like you said, at least Stevie Wonder banged the keys. He is not afraid to throw the ball and thats what we really need right now.

10. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

That sounds very complicated.
    I'm not sure Miles can do complicated.