We are working on an amazing WR class!!

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by DJ, Jan 25, 2004.

1. DJ

DJ Founding Member

Even bearing in mind that recruiting rankings are only opinions by so-called recruiting gurus, Saban & Co. are putting together an unprecedented WR class this year.

I thought last year was as good as it gets. We got Amp Hill, Craig Davis and Dwayne Bowe, who were ranked as the #8, 12, and 21 WR's on Rivals last year. All of them appear to be as talented as expected.

Now look at the rankings for Doucet and Carter:

Rivals--Doucet #1 WR, #3 overall; Carter #5 WR, #22 overall
    Insiders--Doucet #1 WR, #9 overall; Carter #3 WR, #14 overall
    Lemming--Doucet #2 WR, #9 overall; Carter #1 WR, #6 overall

Simply incredible (and we get Carter even though his position coach leaves for the NFL). Randall, Flynn and Russell have to be drooling over their targets for next year (not to mention that Jones at TE and JV and Addai at RB are also pass-catching threats).

As if Doucet and Carter were not enough, we are still in the hunt (said to be between Miami and LSU) for Lavelle Hawkins. He is ranked as the #4 athlete by Rivals, and as the #9 WR by Lemming and #17 WR by Insiders, and is overall ranked #73 by Rivals, #80 by Lemming, and #95 by Insiders.

I don't think Nick will have too much difficulty attracting some interest in the opening left by Stan Hixon. Be sure to fill up the paper tray in the fax machine.

2. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Last year, we had a great WR class: Amp Hill, Craig Davis, and Dwyane Bowe. I know they were all in the Top 25 as WR's in the country, and now this year we're getting just as good. This is great!

SEE YOU AT THE BASH!

3. philter

philter Founding Member

"working on" an amazing class?? Son, we already have an amazing class :) Anything extra we get is butta'...we're going to have a hard time as it is to keep the ones we already have satisfied.

4. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Don't forger Carter will probably redshirt to try for Olympic team next year.

5. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

Carter said he was leaning towards the 2008 Olympics

6. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Best WR class in the nation right now and will remain unless someone changes their mind.

7. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

What if Xavier Carter is good enough to go to the NFL in 2008 or 2007. What will he do about the Olympics? Would he still go?

8. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

He has stated that he wants to compete in the Olympics as well as the NFL. The guy has some huge dreams and Pat Henry and Coach Saban will help him realize them.

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

You greedy gut, Lavelle Hawkins isn't coming to LSU. :dis: Didn't yo' momma teach you to know when to push away from the table. You sound like this islstl computer nerd character in here. You guys want 'em all, and it just doesn't work like that. LSU has exceeded its' WR quota ... now if Mr. Saban can hold them steady till that Bash ... there's many a slip twixt a cup n' a lip ... it's a salesman's paradise now. Jay Lucas, Herman Johnson and maybe Jones ... Nick will have to "Belch" to make extra room over the plate for guys like Thaxton.

10. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Ramah, I think I speak for the Majority of the ppl here but islstl makes a hell of alot more sense than you ever will.

Please believe that Jay Lucas and Jeremy Jones will be a part of the 2005 signing class. Cause they will be book that.

Its very very possible that LSU get Hawkins, Bell, and Johnson I think those 3 players will close out what should be the number one class in America.