We comin'

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Nov 30, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's what we didn't know about O when he got the full time job at LSU.

Could he adapt? Could he seek the help he needed to bring our offense up to date?

Well we know all these answers now.

LSUpride123 and gynojunkie like this.
  2. didit

didit Veteran Member

this explains a lot... i was watching an interview with O and he was making mention of tailoring practices based on speed and stuff but i wasn't getting the reference... knowing this helps connect the dots...

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah he said once their numbers started decreasing by a significant amount they'd get a day off or have a light practice. He thinks it's equated to better efficiency and productivity.

You'll be calling for his head game 1 with the blonde bomber behind center. We all know this including you.

But we will have to see how much of this was 9 and if anything close can be repeated. It feels we are on the precipice of a nice run. With all this talent coming in we should at least be near the top. Burrow has set the bar so the standard is set. We build off that and keep this train rolling.

Rolan, leroy7500, didit and 1 other person like this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

to be fair, blonde jesus has only been wearing a headset for a few weeks....

tirk likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I said in another thread that it will be a long, long time before we get another QB as good a Burrow. Maybe never. Oklahoma produce Heisman winners and contenders on almost a yearly basis and I may be biased but I think Burrow is a cut above Mayfield and Murray. Burrow has just above average physical tools but his intangibles are through the roof, A taller Drew Brees? Just about impossible to replace on that level.

However far we go this has been a special season led by a special quarterback with an unlikely coming together or perfect circumstances, Give a lot of credit to Coach Oeaux.

Now go out there and do it again next season.

Rolan, leroy7500, el005639 and 3 others like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

To be fair that is only as of late, Lincoln Riley is responsible and has only been there a couple of years.

He is however the equivalent of Brady and has two very good QBs waiting in the wings. One of them will win the starting job and the other will transfer I'm sure.

This portal thing could work out.

7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

We might be looking at a 3rd year in a row at Oklahoma for a QB Heisman if not for Burrow.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I don't think we know yet, maybe Blond Jesus can thrive in this system just like Joe and its the system not the player. Could we repeat it next year, we will see. But I am thinking its the player and the system and this is just special.

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

70% player 30% system

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Lincoln Riley