We control our own destiny

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diehardLSUfan, Nov 2, 2002.

1. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I know that every team ultimately controls their own destiny but one thing that this team has yet to do is win outright without having to rely on the Iron Bowl. I know, this is the SEC and it's competitive as all hell but damn....it sure would be nice to kick butt and take names from here on out. I was always confident that LSU could play with UGA if we made it and after watching them play UF tonight, even moreso now. How sweet would 2 SEC titles in a row be? COME ON TIGERS>>>>>>>BEAT THEM CATS!!!!!!!!!!

2. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

It's true that many times it has been up to the Iron Bowl and it seems that which ever way you need the win to go it goes just the opposite. I believe it has been 66 years since LSU has had back to back conference championships, if you can beat Bama this year you have a good shot at it. Believe me that was not the same team that played us earlier. U. Ga. is tired and wounded and their players didn't step up. the month of November will be ruthless for some teams this year. The top 10 was no place to be today. Good luck the rest of the way except for Nov. 16.

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

destiny...

I a;m looking forward to the hone stretch. It all boils down to turn overs. We must lead the turn over battle and the west is ours.

4. bayoutider

What a game our matchup is going to be. Both teams ranked in the AP top 20, and the #1 vs the #2 defenses in the nation. This is what SEC football is all about. And I love playing in Baton Rouge.

5. Goodlifetiger

game

Ned to get past those cats first. That will make the Alabama game even bigger.

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I think the next 5

weeks are going to be fantastic to watch as far as LSU football.

Kentucky will be a great measuring stick . . is the defense back, can Randle regain his confidence . .

Alabama will be a true test of the talent of the team. Alabama's defense is going to be tough and it will be a fantastic challenge for LSU's defense . .FANTASTIC game

Ole Miss may have the wind out of their sails by then . although I think they played a pretty good game on Saturday . .but its still an SEC game

Arkansas vs. LSU is like the Egg Bowl, the team you always expect to lose wins . .Arkansas is like Auburn this year in that you are never sure who is going to show up . . if you look at their offensive stats vs. Troy St. Saturday . they weren't that impressive.

Should be fun.

7. Goodlifetiger

Bayoutider...

this ignore option is ok. You know certain jokes are around but you don't see what being written.

8. bayoutider

I know what you mean (wink wink):D