We deserved to lose

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WinnfieldTiger, Oct 13, 2007.

1. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

We couldn't throw, we couldn't catch, we couldn't stop them, we folded to a team not nearly at our talent level. We got too conservative in my opinion, possibly because we couldn't affort to throw or catch.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Hey they got beat, had to lose eventually. At least it was to a ranked team on the road in 3 OTs.

I guess my nagging question, what was with the play calling at the end.
    3 Half back dives, I am sorry 4....

Man that was just some terrible coaching there.

Oh well still can have a great season, play for the SEC and make a BCS game.
    Its hard to play in the SEC and play a ranked team EVERY week.

Geaux Tigers.

3. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

I don't understand where y'all are saying we got " conservative" If anything we didn't run the ball enough nor did the right runnung back get the ball. IMO If CS has 20 carries we win this game easy!

4. LSUCrackfight

LSUCrackfight Founding Member

I thought we had a few chances to put them away in the third quarter but didnt. I thought the long pass by Kentucky right before the half which was followed by a TD was huge for UK. We had a few key injuries and went to overtime which is pretty much a crapshoot. Could've went either way. The one thing I will not do is come on this board and bitch that we lost a game. It is part of football. We can still win out and play for the national championship. I guess you can call me an optimist.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I can't disagree with this previous post. We were outplayed @ some key points, there were some questionable calls, but overall, Kentucky seemed to want it more than us--they were far more physical than I expected.

6. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

We lost, because Flynn had a terrible game...he over threw our TE for a TD, He over threw Lafell in the open, He under threw Lafell if feild goal range. He under threw wide open Lafell for a TD and was picked off. He really stunk it up.

1 person likes this.
  7. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Matt Flynn has no confidence because he has no decent receivers.

Spread the LSU D out and move your QB's pocket and you can have consistent success both running and passing.

LSU loses a minimum of 3 games this year.

When you hear opposing fans chant OVERRATED, they're not lying.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I disagree with your post because its like you are blaming Flynn for this loss.
    He did contribute to it howeve Jared Mitchell and Lafell dropped passes.
    The offensive line didn't protect Flynn well.
    Our special teams are terrible and I believe we had a punt partially blocked.
    We made stupid penalties like the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Tonight we didn't play like the #1 team in the country.
    I'm tired of how good our defense is after the last 2 games, the truth is we
    weren't good at all defensively today.
    IT WAS a TEAM LOSS, the Coaches probably should've blitzed more.
    Honestly, we could've lost any of the games the last 3 weeks because we haven't played on the same level we did for our first 3 weeks.

Having said all of this it isn't the end of the world and is 1 loss but we have
    to play better, I'm going to assume we WILL or we WILL or COULD lose to
    Auburn.

9. vector4

vector4 Founding Member

definately team loss. making dumb dumb penalties by punching woodson in the head for no reason. lining up wrong on offense negating huge plays. dropping the ball. no pass protection. no rush on the QB. DB's getting beat all over the place.

it really shouldn't have been that close, but we have such good talent and conditioning that we end up hanging in there no matter what.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'm gonna disagree. For pretty much the ENTIRE game, everyone was ranting, "RUN the ball!!!". It was CLEAR that our offense could not execute in the passing game. Flynn wasn't accurate and when he was accurate, our WR's dropped about 50% of the passes.

Are you confident that you wouldn't still be questioning the play call had we passed on 4th down but missed it? I'm betting you would have been like the majority of the rest of us and have been screaming, "WHY PASS IT?!?!?! WE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING ALL GAME PASSING!!!"???