We deserved to lose

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WinnfieldTiger, Oct 13, 2007.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Weather's changing...all fair-weather fans may leave now... :dis:

2. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

-Well its the God's honest truth... Flynn 3rd 8 to go in 3rd Quarter, he over throws a wide open Keith Zinger in the back of the endzone. We don't get 7, we settle for 3.
    -2nd and 15...30 seconds left in 3rd, he over throws wide open Lafell after he scrambles out of the pocket.
    -7:57 left in 4th, Flynn under throws a wide open Lafell, pass gets intercepted...Lafell had 8 to 10 yards on his guy.
    -1:40 left in the 4th, Flynn under throws a wide open Lafell well within Feild goal range. we try a 57 yard FG and almost make it.

Jackson with his bone-head roughing the passer, and the other stupid penalties didn't help. But Flynn could not finish this game at QB for us. We stopped rotating QB's and we lost because it made us predictable.

Granted there were a lot of drops, but if you cant get it to the guys in the right position, you reduce your completion percentage drastically. You can bank on Woodson's throws, even though he didn't have that good of a game.

3. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Just admit guys, Flynn stunk it up. I can't count on my fingers how many bad passes he made. Most of them were to Wide Open receivers.

2 people like this.
  4. epishock

epishock Freshman

First we should credit KY with getting the job done.

Next, we should realize, we could not execute the passing game at all. In fact we looked like an old Nebraska team - running to get things done. And lastly, despite #11 being our running QB, where was he in OT? We got out of our game plan...more so KY got us out of our game plan. The offensive calls were very predictable minus #11's single pass.

If you script a predictable game plan, teams will and have been prepared.

The loss rests on a bunch of shoulders...none-the-less, very very disappointing.

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I dont think it is a matter of fair weather but wondering why with the talent we have that we dont make smart plays.

How do you just beat the opposing qb over the head at a key moment and not do it once but twice.

Why dont you know how to line up on a offensive play 7 games into the season.

Why your top level receiver cant catch a ball to save his life.

Why your fifth year senior qb cant make an accurate pass and when he does their is offensive interference and illegal formations.

Is that poor coaching or just stupid players.

I dont know but our players are making stupid penalties and we just gave away a very winnable game.

I guess Kentucky owed us one but we sure did help em.

6. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

PLEASE LET THEM LEAVE!

:geauxtige

7. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

That was not a LSU Football Team.....No Way.... dump playing, & no execution on offense or defense... we are getting worse instead of better... Kinda got lucky last week - luck ran out this week.... Bottom line... We Have to play better if we want to win more than one game the rest of the year..

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well, I am still very proud of this team and fly my LSU flag. I am just curious if we couldnt have tried AT least something different instead of 4 of the exact same plays. All off left tackle.

Anyway, this is a great team, couldnt win forever. They will bounce back, I am sure the votes will not be fair however. But I am not one for cheering for other people to lose. This team will have a great season. One we can all be proud of.

Geaux Tigers

1 person likes this.
  9. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Very true, Crowton has confidence in his plays, as do the players. But with RP rotating at QB, you get the defense guessing, and checking out of blitz's to try and stop his option. I would have much rather 1 straight run up the gut with 32, then bring in RP with a option run. Then on 3rd down, RP with fake option, throw to a TE or WR for 1st down. RP is a great passer...let him throw.

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I live in Kentucky.

When I went out today to run my usual errands, I wore my usual LSU shirt.

No less than twenty UK fans made it a point to tell me how LUCKY they felt to have beaten our team.

And only a few said "Over Rated", which they quickly followed with "just kidding" - and "hope you win the NC" and "Good luck with the rest of the season."

It's great to be a Tiger Fan. Even in Kentucky.:eek:ldskule: