WE FINISH 3 IN COACHES POLL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USChater, Apr 4, 2006.

1. USChater

USChater Founding Member

We finished 3rd in last coaches poll of the season. Im not sure about the AP. If anyone found out let us know. GREAT SEASON TIGERS!!!!:geauxtige

2. clair

clair Rockets

I'm sure it will be 3 in that one too... b/c no one will put George Mason ahead of us

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

congrats Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when was the last time LSU finished ranked 3rd in the country?

4. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

George Mason didn't finish fourth in the coaches. They were eighth.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

1980. When we were ranked 2/3 and went to the Elite 8.

LSUsports.net posted about the accomplishment...

This is great! From not even being predicted as a top 30 team, to #3. That's pretty durn nice.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. RESTORE THE FAITH.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

http://tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=33410&highlight=ranked

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

If by posting this, you're pointing out my being wrong, I'll say:

1. You took this post out of context, b/c this thread was about what the Tigers should be ranked AT THE TIME, which was early-mid season. The debate was how high the Tigers should be ranked when they more or less were about to start the SEC season. :) You can say you thought that the Tigers had the potential to be a final four team, but then I don't think that was what the thread was about.

2. Second, I'll be the first to say, the Tigers exceeded my expectations, as well as the expectations of 99% of the basketball pundits out there. The Tigers had a fantastic run, a final four finish, and you can dig up the poll where the posters listed how far they thought the Tigers could go... final four was not a popular choice. I'm estatic that I was wrong, too. :hihi:

All said, a final four finish, a top 3 ranking, in MEN's BASKETBALL is crazy. And crazy good. That's exactly why the supporters of the program go crazy when all the negative stuff about the program and coach are thrown out there, and why they don't seem to get the respect or following they deserve.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. GEAUX D.MITCH--KNOCK 'EM DOWN IN PORTSMOUTH!!!

8. gotlsu

gotlsu Founding Member

LSUsports.net - Home
    LSUsports.net - Home

The LSU men's basketball team, off their first outright SEC championship in 21 years and their first NCAA Final Four appearance in 20 years, was voted the No. 3 team in the nation in the final post-tournament ESPN/USA Today coaches poll announced on Tuesday.