We found our QB, but...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sm5o4, Nov 20, 2010.

1. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Jefferson really spread the ball around and to me, put the best two halves of offensive football together we have had in a long time. Well done.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The WWII veteran wasn't shooting at us. Lee has been a good soldier but he's not an SEC QB and he's hurting us.

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Yes, there were quite a few pom poms in the stands

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

mainly in the student section.

from what i saw the use was scattered everywhere else. i saw a lot of people holding them but not using them. i also saw a lot on the ground and left in the stands. and there was no advertising on them. it appears they may have been paid for by lsu.

btw, i looked at yaw yaw during the second half (when everything was going wrong)and told him "i blame the pom poms". that shyt was bad mojo!

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Well, Jordan Jefferson didn't exactly look like an SEC quarterback until lately either. Obviously, we need to stick with Jefferson's hot hand, but I don't think it's particularly fair to Jarrett Lee to throw him under the bus simply because Jefferson finally took advantage of his 20th do-over.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I am sure this will draw the haters, but I am afraid the performance by the "D" today would cost us a 1 loss BCS trip. Very underwhelming, and appeared s l o w compared to Ole Piss. We had no answers, just great "O". How ironic!

I guess that is the downside of being a weekly national tv draw. It is like CBS is the LSU network!!

Thrilled that JJ is doing better, make that doing great. I am sorry Lee's brief appearance was quite forgettable.

Hope we get it back together for Arkansas.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ditto for Jefferson. He has a good game then he has six terrible games. We still have more interceptions than TD passes from our quarterbacks. SEC-caliber quarterbacks must be more consistent that ours have been.

Recruiting some top quarterbacks is far more important than changing the OC, although that must be done, as well.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Let's assume for the sake of discussion we beat the Hogs and win our bowl game. Do you honestly think Crowton is going to resign or Les is going to fire him?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think there is a very good chance of it. Crowton can't be very happy with the criticism and with one more year of Jefferson/Lee, he ain't likely to rise to the top of the Offense list next year.

Les can't be happy with a bottom-10 offense for multiple years, either. He's the one that will get fired if LSU can't compete offensively next year. I don't see him sticking with Crowton much longer. I think this year was Crowton's year to turn it around and he didn't really get there.

Coaching is a nomadic business and they all know it. Crowton will find a good job somewhere and has already been setting it up probably, hell Peveto found a head coaching job after Les cut him loose. Les knows that there are very good coordinators out there, too. I suspect he will try one of them after is Crowton is allowed to resign.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm happy with JJ's new-found confidence in himself, and the confidence the coaches are now suddenly showing in him. But let's not read too much into the Ole Miss game. OM's secondary is turrible, just turrible. Most of the time, JJ was throwing to receivers who didn't have a DB within three yards of them. He did not have to make many throws that required pinpoint accuracy. We also did a good job of staying ahead of the chains, not forcing JJ to make many big plays on third and long.

JJ definitely looked better, but the confidence factor is the thing I like most about the game.