We found our QB, but...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sm5o4, Nov 20, 2010.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I agree. I'm as unhappy with Crowton's performance as anybody. I just find it hard to believe Les would fire him if the scenario I described panned out. And talent wise, next year is supposed to be the year the experts were projecting us to contend for another :crystal: wasn't it?

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Ding, ding, ding...

I'm happy for JJ but a good QB could've put 70 on the Teddy Ruxpins yesterday. He played "probably" his best game ever but still made mistakes. Considering he has started 24 games, he should be able to move the ball against a bad defense. I hope it continues but will reserve my "Heisman" comments for now. :hihi:

BTW...Ole Miss is giving up 36 points per game so 43 points wasn't unexpected.

Good game Tigers!

*JJ played well...
    *SEC refs continued to be the worst in the nation...
    *The punter for Ole Miss was AWESOME...
    *Their kick return man was GREAT...
    *Our Special Teams coverage sucked...
    *Ford & Ridley kicked ass...
    *Welcome back Mr. Blackwell...
    *We can't convert 1st & 1, 2nd & 1, or 3rd & 1...
    *We're 10-1...
    *Day games suck...
    *Ole Miss fans (low attendance) didn't represent as well as usual...
    *This was the Super Bowl for Ole Miss...
    *Go to Hell Ole Miss...
    *Can't wait for my 10th straight Bowl Game...(AZ?, Miami?, N.O.?, Dallas?)
    *Can't wait to play Oregon in Dallas...
    *Can't wait for Freak, Collins, and Mettenberger to arrive...
    *Can wait until after we make another CWS appearance...

3. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Well said! My thoughts as well, as I watched play after play, 4th down escapes and some serious OM rushing yardage! It hit me again how much Nutt is like CLM; his team is inspired by him, he seems a really nice guy on & off the field and he appeared to be channeling CLM's wacky, just-a-little-bit-off-kilter game plan!

--Enough to shake us up on our home turf.

But, 10-1, a 'W' and add it to an incredibly interesting and unique season for LSU.

GEAUX TIGERS!

4. COTiger

The CBS announcers must have mentioned a dozen times, the full moon, and the idea that Les & Nutt were viewed as unconventional coaches.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Sure. But he's faced really bad secondaries in other games this year and couldn't complete a forward pass. Regardless of the competition, he improved vastly over his previous performances, and appears to have continued the streak that showed up in the bama game.

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I don't think we lost our D... I think we played an Ole Miss team who had nothing to lose and were pouncing at the chance to ruin our season. That's all. That said, it hurt not having Taylor back there.

1 person likes this.
  7. COTiger

8. roynav

roynav free your mind

Yes he did. But I hope Les sticks with the 2QB system. Lee has played well enough to get minutes and has won a few games for us. I don't think he got enough minutes yesterday.

Lots of room for improvement.

Fire the coach. Its always the coaches fault........

Hopefully fans will show more loyalty to Les in the future and not be so quick to sell him down the river.

Yes, kiss of death. Used to hate it when the networks picked up a game. Maybe the LSU brand is getting big enough national name recognition that LSU can more successfully block games being moved to the day. Do they have any veto power at all?

One reason these type of games are very dangerous. Anytime a highly ranked team plays an also-ran, the higher team has a LOT more at stake, which can make them play tighter, especially if they dont get early separation in the score. And the lower ranked team can do crazy things, like go for it all the time on 4th and long. Then if you can also throw in the lower team having something to prove...has upset written all over it. Also happens in the BCS. Thats why Utah beat Bama. And why TCU or Boise St will have some momentum if they end up against a traditional power in a BCS game. If the "Power" wins by 4 touchdowns...well thats what should have happened. They were playing a fraud. Very little upside for the Power no matter how much they win by.

Indeed. They are starting to annoy me and its a time for a few very bad Ole Miss beatdowns from LSU to remind them of the pecking order.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

No, that would still be Crowton, the OC. Les Miles just posted his fourth 10-win season in 6 years. I think he's good with the whole job security bit.

As for Crowton, if the offense continues to play well against Arky and the bowl game, he may have bought himself another year also.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The offense is steadily improving. Love or hate Crowton, you have to admit it.