We Know How This Movie Ends, Don't We?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Nov 23, 2009.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

The end of the Les Miles era is near and yet so far away.

After the Mississippi Meltdown, LSU is 7-8 in SEC games the last two years. They could very well be 5-10, as Georgia and MSU were lucky wins this year.

Now LSU is a national laughing stock because their multi-million-dollar head coach doesn't know how to run a sideline.

LSU will get hammered by Arkansas this weekend and be knocked out of the Top 25. They will lose a December bowl game.

They will be average to bad in 2010. Les Miles won't see 2011 in Baton Rouge.

It's just a shame Tiger fans have to wait that long before they can hope again. :tigerhead

2. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

Thanks for your prophecy, oh soothsayer.

3. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Anybody else care to prognosticate one year and two games ahead? :)

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I'd rather flame out and then bring in a new coach in 2011 than finish 7-5 every year, but I think with a year of maturity for our QB and potentially a new offensive coordinator we will be in position to win 10 games again next year like I believe we will this year.

5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

We may lose to Arkansas but I doubt we lose the bowl game. One thing I will praise Les for is his ability to prepare when he has time to do so. Until he starts to stink up the bowl games I gotta believe we win em.:milesmic:

6. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

All I want to know is when did we become like Nebraska...Fire a coach for 9 or 10 win season?:insane:

Yes, Les made some mistakes, what man or woman doesn't. As long as he still has good character (I'm willing to give a mulligan considering all the times he has had a chance to throw people under the bus, he certainly is no John Brady) and is putting up the only number that really counts (Ws), I think it is ridiculous to fire a coach for a 9 or 10 win season.

7. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

He'll be here next year. If he loses 4 games again, he's gone. No matter what we do in a December exhibition game. If we're not contending for West titles, at least, it's not good enough. If we lose to Arkansas, we are the 4th best team in the West for the second year in a row.

Unacceptable.

8. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

What has people upset isn't the fact that we don't get a lot of wins. It's HOW we get those wins. Does anyone disagree that the 3 teams in the SEC with the most athletic talent are us, Florida, and Bama? Unfortunately for the last 2 seasons and really I might also include the last half of the NC season there are only 2 of those 3 teams playing like they have this talent. I don't expect us to play Mississippi St and have to do a goal line stand in a real nail biter to win when everyone else is beating the hell out of them. If this happened once I'd say they were just fired up that game but it happens nearly every week. There were a million excuses about how great UDub had become and the reality is they are a less than .500 team in a conference you guys laughed at before the season. Either they are strong & the PAC 10 is as good as the SEC or the PAC 10 is weak and UDub still stinks. You can't have it both ways.

9. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Firing Miles may be a little much right now (money aside), but I think what most fans are looking for is some accountability from this coaching staff. I'm not talking about throwing someone under the bus, that's not really what's called for. What is called for, though, is demonstrating an ability to improve, not simply pay lip service to the same pattern of mistakes; to demonstrate on the field progression instead of regression.

10. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

1) We as fans will never get anything more than lip service in a press conference, especially from Miles. We have to see things on the field, and we haven't so we should be a bit perterbed but there are a lot of fans calling for Miles head this week and that is over reaction imho.
    2) I would think we would wrather 9 or 10 ugly wins (no matter who the oppenent) than 3, 4, or 5 wins. A win is a win. I garauntee Florida doesn't care that they barely beat State and just got by Arkansas, they just care about the W on the board. Same goes for Bame who barely got by Tennessee. It doesn't matter if a win is ugly or pretty, it counts the same and I'll take 9 or 10 ugly wins over 6,7,8, or 9 pretty losses.
    3) Talent, sure we have a lot but so does the 3 teams we have lost too, and so do the teams we have had close games with. There is a reason the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation and that's because most teams in it are loaded with talent.

Honestly, with some of the coaching era's in LSU's not so distant past, I would think that we really shouldn't be caring about how we win, but just that we are winning.