we know where you're at, but where are you from?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by burlesontiger, Jun 1, 2007.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

We probably would have been on the same bus but I didnt ride the bus much. Only when I rode home with a friend, in Oak Hills, before football practice.:thumb:

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I was raised in the country, at Bosco, La., 7 miles from Cankton, which is 20 miles outside Lafayette. Raised a Tiger Fan, but went to ULL, it was a money thing. Lived in NO/Mandeville for 15 years (73-87), worked for McDermott for 12. Moved to Houston in 87, been here since.

I miss the food. People in Houston are nice, but its different. I say they are nice because they have been trained to be nice. In La., people seem to have a more genuine heart about them. We have the same lack of terrain, high humidity, and some BIG bugs over hear. You should see some of the roaches!

3. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Born in BR Jan '82.

Went to Lee High then LSU.

Graduated May 2004

Moved to Meridian, MS after graduation

One short week in Omaha June 2004 (Damn two and bbq):dis:

Been in Meridian ever since.

1 person likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I was born in California, to my great surprize. My Southern parents traveled a lot because my dad's company relocated them every year or two. I lived in Nevada, Texas, New Orleans, Shreveport, Utah, and Nebraska before my dad retired in the 60's and we settled in Winnfield and later in the Alexandria area when I was 8. That's where I really grew up until I moved to BR at 17 to go to LSU.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Born and lived on Mobile Bay in Point Clear, Alabama (next to Grand Hotel for those who have been there).

Lived between Mobile, AL and Orange Beach, AL my whole life (Minus current stint as an LSU student where I reside off of River Rd).

6. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Born in Chicago. Parents moved down to New Orleans when I was 5. Raised there. Went to school in Baton Rouge. Moved to Florida where I am now.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Born in Pascagoula, MS. Lived near Monterrey, Calif., Angua, Guam (military), Metairie, La (during my 'wild' phase) and am currently living in Ocean Springs, MS. My cousin and Cajun Sensation are good friends, so I know Gabe through my family and even turned him on to this board. ;) :thumb:

Brett, do I get a finders fee or anything? :grin:

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

south carolina>baton rouge>new jersey>new york

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Born ('78) and raised in Montegut, LA. Lived in my current house until I was 3, when my dad bought the house my Great Grandfather built around 1910. When I got married, this house was available, so I jumped on it quick. I stayed in a rent house in Thibodaux for a little while with some fraternity brothers while in college. Graduated from Vandebilt Catholic High in Houma in '96. Went to Nicholls for a few semesters. Just recently started spending time in Corpus Christi, Texas are (leaving tomorrow night to go again) for work.

10. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

This is really quite a diverse group here. I'm a little surprised, but that's why I thought this thread would be interesting.:)