we know where you're at, but where are you from?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by burlesontiger, Jun 1, 2007.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

And there you have it. I was only bustin' your chops. :grin:

Plus, he was here for the NC run. That would make a lifetime fan out of anyone. :thumb:

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

that's just sick.

born in n.o. in 70
    l.c. 70-72
    framingham, mass 72-75 (nasty divorce--my parents, not mine)
    l.c. 76-88
    lsu 89-94 (school)
    n.o. 95 (job)
    memphis 96-01 (school)
    portland, or 02-06 (job, sort of)
    athens, ga 07- (job, sort of)

3. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Born in Baton Rouge 1977. Lived in same house in Village Saint George by Siegen and Perkins the entire time. Went to McKinley Middle and Baton Rouge High.

Nice scholly to Southern Miss until 2000

Worked in Shreveport 2001-2002

Moved to Dallas 2002-current

1 person likes this.
  4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

But I became a fan during the Halman years :grin:

1 person likes this.
  5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Born in Houma but lived in Lafayette virtually all of my school years (4-17, Ridge, Alleman, Lafayette High) and was at LSU from '95-99 including a full time semester at LSU in spring 2000 to get the 150 hrs for the CPA exam.

Moved to Houston in summer of 2001 and have lived in the Heights area but will be moving somewhere outer Houston next spring.

Would like to live in many other locations but the advantage of being able to visit parents and in-laws (Youngsville & Broussard) so easily with only a 3 and a half hour drive keeps us close. Ideally would be able to retire in the Lafayette area if it's the same in 30 yrs and have some nice country property. We'd probably move there sooner if we could get comparable jobs and we'll be evaluating that decision before we buy another house in the Houston area.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Born in the old Baton Rouge General Hospital on Government St.

7. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

The history of me:

Born: 8/4/77.....I share birthdays with Roger Clemens and Jeff Gordon
    Hometown: LaPlace, LA (the andouille capitol and the self proclaimed daiquiri shop capitol of the world as)
    Schools: St. Joan of Arc (K-8)
    St. Charles Catholic High School
    Delgado Community College (The Harvard of community colleges)
    LSU

Moved to B.R. upon transferring to LSU. Lived there for three years until I graduated. Lived in a wide array of places....On Bayou Fountain off of Burbank or Gardere, Went north to live in a house off of Florida, and then back on Burbank in a cozy one bedroom loft for my last semester.

Moved back to L-town after graduating for two years. Moved to Mandeville in November of '04 and have been here ever since.

1 person likes this.
  8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Born in Perham, Minnesota...
    in a cabin on the shore of Little Pine Lake, which was next to...needless to say... Big Pine Lake... my father had built the cabin.
    My parents always thought I would be President. They even made me walk 12 miles through the snow just to return a Mad Magazine I had borrowed from a friend...
    High school in Chicago. There's never been a President from Chicago, so that ended the expectations...
    Off to Iowa for college, then Lamar University for my masters... don't ask me how that happened... but there was a woman involved.

9. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

Born 12/10/56 OLOL BR, the OLD one really by a lake
    Lifetime resident of BR, St. Rose Ave, Catholic High 74, LSU 78
    Lifelong Tiger fan, luckily found jobs, wife and family all here in BR
    Live in Central, the "country" part of BR

Didn't get to go to many games growing up, but have fond memories of 2 things:
    my dad in his bedroom every sat night with radio listening to John Ferguson in the 60s
    my friend and I drive out and sit on Indian mounds with small radio, especially on the big plays where we couldn't hear the radio

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Born in Houma 11/2/81. Lived there til LSU Baton Rouge. Spent a semester and a summer in Jacksonhell, I mean Jacksonville Florida doing work study with Winn Dixie Stpres Inc. and taking classes at University of North Florida. Returned to Baton Rouge in the Fall of 03 to finish school. Moved to Atlanta in summer of 04 for work. Vest in March 09 at which point I will begin shopping my resume in Baton Rouge.