we lose 4 ( maybe 5) games- change my mind

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by skippy737, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

On to more important issues : how hot are this year's Golden Girls?
    How many big haired butter faces we got?
    Pics pics I need pics!

watson1880 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Lets see.

Danny freaking Etling was the 5th best passer in the SEC last year. I struggle to see why Burrow would be worse.

Giles is a 2019 NFL prospect and we are loaded with WR talent and depth. Chase is a stud and was the #1 WR from last years class.

We are fine at RB. Tones of talent. Besides, we all witnessed a top 5 pick be useless when used wrong. Its about the scheme.

O'line has more than enough talent.

You are 100% wrong on the D.

Last year our kicker couldn't hit a 10 yd FG. I'd say 40 yards is a huge upgrade.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    didit, watson1880, Pjoe and 2 others like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We dont know that we have slipped. Season hasn't started. Just not many programs have had LF7 and Guice back to back outside of UGA.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

That cuts both ways, amigo.

I totally agree about differences of opinion being healthy for discussion to a degree. However, those of us who weren’t thrilled about Oeaux being hired, but are trying to remain positive, point out our strengths, and have an optimistic view of the upcoming season feel we are labeled as “Oeaux lovers”, and don’t always feel our opinions are really characterized properly. None of are predicting an undefeated season or have ridiculous expectations, yet “negatigers” comment as if that is what we are saying.

Conversely, those who not only were against Oeaux’s hiring, but feel the program is in an inevitable spiral, feel they are correct about that, that we will barely have a winning season, and that they aren’t being heard properly and are labeled as “negatigers”.

Likely, reality lives somewhere in middle.

Herb, LSU_4_LIFE, KyleK and 2 others like this.
  5. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

There is a reason games are played. We could win them all or lose a bunch, nobody knows until it happens. We are a couple of over achievers from being a great team and a couple injuries from sending many of us to the the bottle. Some of the teams we are concerned about are in the same boat. I’m sure Richt will have Miami back to Georgia fashion before long. They look good on paper but we can all count on Mark to drop the big ones. As for AU we will always be in a fight with them regardless of the records. The schedule may be tough but there are no unknowns. We know these teams and can prepare for them, it just comes down to execution. I’m looking forward to the season!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

See @KyleK

Put that in your pipe bubba

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

My question about Burrow is how fast can he learn the playbook? Of course, they all have to learn a new playbook this year with CSE but Joe is a little behind the others. Hope he is a fast learner

Herb and TigerTap like this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Depends how diff it is to his old plays/book he ran.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Shouldn’t be too hard to learn hand off right hand off left, play action chuck it deep and 4 wide chuck it deep or check down.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Burrow is a smart kid and a student of the game of football. His dad is a coach. He has been coming to practice an hour early and staying 2 hours after practice. I'm sure he knows the playbook by now. He needs more reps with the ones to get his timing with the receivers down pat.