We really need to get rid of the current athletics logo!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Aug 17, 2006.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Calling out your boy. Nice work here. And a good point.

This truly would be a non-issue if the logo didn't suck to SUCH a large degree. I'm OK with a moderately crappy logo, but Toonces far exceeds that.

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

You bring your pen, I'll bring my sword, we'll see who walks away. :hihi:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's an issue to many of us, obviously, if there have been so many threads. The forum exists for us to vent, you know. If it upsets you, go find another thread.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The current logo blows big time. Keeping the rumblings going among the fans is a good thing if it keeps the issue on the front burner. Sooner or later the administration is going to listen and make changes. Outside of contacting the administration directly places like this site are PERFECT in keeping the issue afloat. Saying that it wont do any good posting here is wrong. The more fans that can jump on this band wagon the better. There is power in numbers and posts like this only help the cause.

GET RID OF THAT SUCK AZZ LOGO PLEASE!

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is a good point to remind everyone that CRAWFISH guaranteed us that Toonces would be gone at the end of the 2004 season. Didn't happen. Then he revised it to the end of the 2005 season. Didn't happen. Now he is silent and has changed his user name. :wink:

Clearly the majority of fans think the design is horrible. Clearly the Athletic department knows this, they have heard the feedback. And CRAWFISH may be partly correct.

I just received my season tickets and the original Toonces appears nowhere. They now use just the Toonces head with the LSU beneath. It's far better than the original, with the tiny armed Tiger jumping out of a hurricane (Ouch!), but it's still lame and the graphic design of it is a generation behind the cutting edge university and NFL logos.

Anyway the original Toonces is out there all over on shirts and in publications and on TV. The AD needs to make a decisive change. And this time they should bother to get some feedback from the LSU community before picking a new design.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't think Bonnette has a say in the matter.

Unfortunately, I think toonces will be around for a couple more years, but I have never & will never buy anything with that logo on it. It really limits my selection for LSU gear, but I love LSU too much to popularize that crappy image in any way.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

in the immortal words of adam sandler, "you'll get used to it"

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It's been near 4 years. We're not getting used to it.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I think the biggest issue that LSU fans had was that they paid some New York design firm while not even giving LSU's art school a chance to come up with a design... that they could use for free?

:confused:

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't care if it was expensive & from New York, or cheap & from LSU, it is a horrible design. It is not classic & traditional. It looks like some Div II school logo, not timeless like the tiger on the side of our helmets & the logo for other big time schools.