We really need to get rid of the current athletics logo!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Thank God for the bandwagoners. Regardless of their reason for buying the merchandise, it's still money in LSU's pocket. Without bandwagon fans, LSU wouldn't have nearly as much money from merchandise as they do today. No telling how many untold millions have been made from bandwagoners.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I have to thank the new logo for saving me money by keeping me from buying new LSU stuff. That 60,000 logo has been around long enough. We've gotten our money's worth. Let's move on to a logo that doesn't look like a crappy purple & gold diaper with a smushed tigger.

3. clair

clair Rockets

If I may ask... What don't you guys like about it?!

4. clair

clair Rockets

EXACTLY! Most kids my age, don't even know the logo ever changed, b/c when we were 8-9, the teams sucked, so no one wore their gear.

So yeah, the 18-22 population is cleaning up on the merchandise... and that will far override, all the rebels who hate this logo, and who would hate any logo we had no matter what

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Help me out here. What is Vandy's train ?

6. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

No offense clair but rather than trying to control the board contents, why not "just don't click."

Rather than spend time and energy in replying to a subject that you're obviously bored with, spend more time perfecting the "pull my finger" technique. It's more useful.:hihi:

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

It's when a bunch of the guys notice that the kicker is looking good in practice and decides that they should....oh wait, that's Colorado's train. My mistake -- not sure about Vandy's train.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Since you asked, IMO, Toonces looks like a cartoon character used to brand a kid's cereal.

I just ordered some new LSU wear (got to be ready for my trip on September!) and I specifically looked for clothing that did not have Toonces, and everything I ordered did not have that logo.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Number one, I doubt that the 18-22 year olds override everyone that doesn't care for the logo. I see way more LSU fans that wear gear with just LSU on it rather than that tiger logo(and that includes 18-22 year olds). Secondly, this is not a matter of hating a logo just to hate it, it's just not a good logo.