We really need to get rid of the current athletics logo!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Aug 17, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

1. Clutter. The whole tiger leaping out of a hurricane over block lettered LSU may look OK on a billboard, but when it is reduced to 1/2 inch like in many football magazines or in the corner of a TV pop-up, it is just a blob. This is very important--logo's are used in small sizes more often than large ones.

2. Poor style. This type of stylized design is neither traditional (The old helmet Tiger) nor cutting edge (see Penn State, Missou, or Washington). It's a 1980's look that is dated.

3. Poor graphic design. The perspective is poorly drawn, the Tiger's arms look tiny. The new LSU font looks very good by itself, but does not look good in block lettering. They went for a 3-D look, but it just doesn't work.

4. They didn't get feedback before deciding. Nobody wants to spend a lot of money on a new look and have it universally bashed like Toonces was and continues to be. Just a small preview to an assortment of fans/designers/art directors would have alerted them that this design was a dog.

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That is my whole problem with the design, it's too busy. Not to mention it doesn't look intimidating. It looks too cartoonish.

3. clair

clair Rockets

Okay... I understand, and I agree with some of what you all said.

I wasn't trying to be an ass. I was seriously curious as what you all didn't like

4. edyel

edyel edyel

This is a real TIGER,that cartoon thing is not.

5. edyel

edyel edyel

Whoever made this gets 5 stars. I would like a t-shirt with this on it.

6. clair

clair Rockets

If you are suggesting that be our logo, then yeah, I can see why all don't like the current logo

7. edyel

edyel edyel

I'm not sure what you mean by "THAT" as being the logo. I don't like cartoon, and cheap looking cartoon characters at that,representing the FIGHTING TIGERS of LSU. The university spent a lot of money to house a "real" Bengal Tiger to represent the athletic department. Why not just take a picture of our mascot and put those pictures on all the gear,t-shirts,etc. I don't like cartoon characters on sports logo. Period. I embrace diversity however,well sort of,kind of,no not really. I like the old logo.:helmet: :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead

8. clair

clair Rockets

there is no other school in the world that doesn't have a sketch logo...

we can't have a picture of a real Tiger...

We can certainly get a different sketch, or a more realistic one, but you'll never see an actual picture of a Tiger

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

But I would love to see some LSU gear with pics of the real Mike on it.:geauxtige

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

People refer to the logo as Toonces for a reason. And the real Toonces is a lot tougher looking!:hihi: