We really need to get rid of the current athletics logo!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Aug 17, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

You do realize that the helmet logo was traced from a picture of Mike III right? Why must we have a crappy cartoon chracter?

2. clair

clair Rockets

yes... I know... that isn't what I was saying

The poster above said he just wanted a straight photo, like this to be our logo:

[​IMG]

and I just said that no matter what the logo was, it would have to be a sketch...

I never said that it HAD to be a cartoon... that was your putting words in my mouth...

I just said that it would have to be sketched, no matter what the picture was

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

One suggestion for a new logo would be not to let a 4 year old draw it. Toonces looks like something my son would do in pre-K.

4. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

two positives that I've drawn from this conversation..

1) We aren't arguing over the uniforms like we normally are this time of year.
    2) Only 13 more days until football season and we get to argue about football instead of which logo LSU decides to put on t-shirts and various other overpriced garbage.

Anyway :geauxtige and carry on.... :thumb:

5. DocBrooks

DocBrooks Founding Member

Look, I love winning as much as the next fan, make no mistake, my dislike of the logo isn't an obsession that I lose sleep over. However, there is always room to improve the school's image and that of our athletics, especially football. And like other's have pointed out, our logo not only looks awful, it doesn't work well for what it is: A LOGO! It looks awful when reproduced at a small scale, something logos are made specifically to do! It's not as if redisgning the logo is going to divert resources and attention away from the success of the actual program! It would be such a minor undertaking and would appease many people who dislike it, and improve our appeal (in my opinion). It would be great to have a logo that people actually wanted on their apparel. I'm just like those who say that they will specifically looks for stuff without the logo. I do like that new "geaux font" that they write LSU in, so I think they should keep that but change that damn logo with toonces!

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Exactly. It is better now that the hurricane swirl is gone, but just the tiger head alone is still to kiddy & looks like a cartoon.

7. clair

clair Rockets

our mid field logo is awesome...

and I would want THAT as our logo...

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

My 3-yr old wanted an LSU cheerleading outfit, as any little tiger girl should. I specifically instructed my wife NOT to purchase anything with Toonces (hurricane or by hiimself). This is my personal venture to not purchase anything with this silly logo. It in no way restricts my purchase of LSU gear. I just become more selective.