We should all want the Cotton Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Nov 29, 2010.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

The Cotton is 6 days after the Capital One.

2. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I’d like to see us back in the Cotton Bowl. It has lost some of its luster since the start of the BCS, but I like the date, the time, the venue and the history. It also gives us some recruiting exposure in east and north central Texas and LSU has a large alumni group in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

After all, we ended Arkansas' 22 game win streak there and that was one Coach Mac and LSU’s best moments. Brings back some fond memories.

:eek:ldskule:

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Still have a bad taste of the Capitol One bowl from the Iowa game. Penn State didn't help either. Regardless, we are still in good position and the bowl matchup is more important than the actual bowl itself in most cases. Nebraska/OU/aTm will be a better drawing in Texas than Michigan State in Florida. We have a chance to make a statement and I feel like the Cotton Bowl would be the best place to do it...so thats what I'm rooting for.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

you're right my bad... for some reason my eyes saw Dec. 7th... made me say wtf. these percocets are killer on the eyes and concentration right now.

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Well, I'm hoping Bama finds their way to the Cotton Bowl. Got nothing to do with Dallas, that's for sure. It's one reason and only one and probably the one for most of you. I want to see that stadium. Anything that cost a Billion and a half is worth the trip and I understand you get your own joy stick for the big screen.

Texas aTm vs Alabama. Book it Dano.