We suck due to our own selfishness...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by floridatigers, Oct 17, 2010.

1. floridatigers

floridatigers Veteran Member

My Gator neighbor who was at the game last night came by and I asked him about the game. He said it sucked, but he didn't really hear the boo's that were referenced on the call in show afterwards. They pointed out how bad the boos were at LSU which at least showed they were better fans. 7-0 - ketvis boo all the f you want, but you suck, not our team. Our fans make more of a joke out of us than what has happened on the field. ESPNU actually gave us credit and criticized Spurrier on their show for game management. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

OK, I despise booing your own team. But why this has justified weeks and weeks of discussion now is beyond me. Does it reflect badly on the fan base? I don't doubt it. Does it affect a recruit's decision more than, say, a HC inexplicably playing a poor QB while the more effective one has game snaps taken away from him one week before a big division game? If I'm a QB recruit, that question weighs far more heavily on my mind instead of what a bunch of trashed jackass fans think.

And you may want to ask that Gator buddy what people thought of Gator Nation after their 4-1 team got booed in their own stadium during what could have been a game-winning drive. LSU is not the only fan base in existence with spoiled, obnoxious fans. It's irritating, but there's little we can do about it.

3. floridatigers

floridatigers Veteran Member

I am an elitist, and feel that we are much better than Gator fans since I have to live hear and deal with them. I use every example to point out how much better we are than they are and usually have been correct. The stuff yesterday didn't help my position, which is what I was trying to get across. I have never boo'ed my own team, even during the Curly years. There is no positive in it. If you want the admin to make a change, do it with the wallet and letters, not booing when 18-21 year olds and recruits are on the field. 2c

4. lsudolemite

Good thing you're not evaluating QB talent, otherwise JL would still be riding the pine and we'd be 5-2. And in case you missed the memo this is a place for discussion, not kissing the collective rear end of the coaching staff.

5. lsudolemite

Congratulations, you have earned a singular honor. You are now the inaugural member of my ignore list. In all the opportunities I've had to interact with you, you've proven to be completely incapable of having an adult conversation with people you disagree with. And you've also proven to be the worst example of a pumper on this board. So have fun going around picking fights like a troll and starting a bunch of "Whooo!!! 14-0 HERE WE COME!!!!" threads. I won't be joining in the fun.

3 people like this.
  6. Darth

Darth Dark Lord of the SEC

Ooooh fight fight fight!:popcorn:

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Your friend lied to you...or you can chalk it to them trying to make themselves look better to you by telling you this.

I have heard the boos personally and have heard the UF fan base talk about the booing. It is in every fan base....Fact is that WE make more of a big deal about it than other fan bases.

Get over this crap already. It is sports....you cheer, you boo...if you dont like booing...dont do it :rolleye33:

btw...didnt you say you were done posting on our site because of our fans :confused: ...just curious

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

We definitely heard boos during the LSU-Florida game. I am SURE they booed an 7-point offensive performance.

1 person likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. I was flipping between games and FU was booing their entire team, not just a player, coach or call.

Personally, I feel that JL is getting the shaft. Here's a kid that was thrown to the wolves a few years ago and has a chance to be part of the greatest redemption stories ever told, yet he's not getting the reps he needs to get better or being left in games long enough to develop a rhythm with the 1st team. Miles is so pigged headed that he's trying to force feed JJ into the lineup, do the detriment of the team. Why can't he see that he's doing more harm than good?

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Here's how I see it.

Miles does NOT want a situation where he starts Lee, and we lose. What then? Does he keep an 0-1 starting Lee over a 7-0 starting Jefferson, who got benched for winning (struggling heavily, but winning)?

LSU loses with Jefferson starting, Lee starts the next game. None of us will like it. But that is what it is going to take.