We The People Will Fund The Wall

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Dec 19, 2018.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I did see where Nancy Peloski donated 5 dollars, lol

To be clear, this effort, though it has the legs of a sprinter early in a race will not achieve it's stated goal. Even if it maintains pace, it will take 260 days plus at the same pace to get 1 billion for a 20 billion project and that ain't happening. That is a metric ton of sunshine that needs to be pumped to even come close. So pick some popular dead space and throw up some smaller walls, whatever...

The point really is the attention this is getting and though there really is only a small percentage of the population on board, there still is a powerful message that something, anything needs to be done and that message is shared amongst party affiliates. Pretty hard to see much less understand those who don't see because the problem is not theirs, yet. But live in a border town or close enough to one and the problem is glaring, even a nightmare for some. I see it every fucking day over and over and the consequences are remarkably far-reaching. Waiting till this hits bunkie is horribly irresponsible. So why wait till it hits bunkie to become Bunkies problem? Go ahead and pull the blanket over your head and think it will never happen. Maybe it will just go away...

We can sit here on an opinion board and say whatever because the outcome doesn't affect the mass. But there are 204K humans in just 4 days at least trying to do something about it despite your lack of support or that of this fucked up government. Wanna guess where the majority of that support comes from? Likely those who have been fucked over by an illegal and no matter what you think, that is a lot of people in merely 4 days.

uscvball, Frogleg, kcal and 1 other person like this.
  2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I finally donated $100 . Part of that donation was because of the passion and engagement of a Purple Heart Veteran, triple amputee.
    @Winston1 i'm still going to declare giving $1000 on my tax return.

CajunlostinCali and uscvball like this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

"H.R.7207 - To allow the Secretary of the Treasury to accept public donations to fund the construction of a barrier on the border between the United States and Mexico and for other purposes".

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Nancy and Chuck slipped that in. 'Other purposes' will be free medicare and Medicaid to refugees - are to increase the already billions that we spend on that.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Lol, you made that up,.. the money will probably be used to build a Donald Trump statue in the White House Rose Garden

ROY_LA_CA, HalloweenRun and kcal like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Would keep the liberals out. Not a bad idea.

uscvball and Bengal B like this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

Thats why I threw it up. Politicians will inevitably find a way to fuck this up.

GiantDuckFan and uscvball like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That does read as if they're opening the door to diverting the donations, but....I rarely read bills, so I don't know this, but it could be that phrase is necessary to allow unrelated amendments to be attached to the bill.

Ahhh, who am I kidding? i wouldn't trust anyone in Congress to wipe their own asses properly.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Account is about to hit 15 million, from nearly a quarter of a million donors.