We will beat Auburn if????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 17, 2010.

1. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

right

I have a picture of PP's mark on the field about 6 inches to the good!

The only guestion - did he catch the ball? That was about as clean a catch a guy can make. So what was the problem other than Bama going for #1 and being on Bama turf.

2. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

No roughing the passer penalties by the Tigers on 3rd. and 16.

No block in the back on the 87 yd. punt return.

Less than twice that the Tigers have to start 1st. and 15 in the red zone, after the obligatory false start.

No face mask personal foul on a tackle for safety.

You know, like that.

3. TigerCliff

PP's mark on the field

some how that just doesn't look right

4. TigerCliff

face mask on #49 I know he has had 2 and one on #92

good points

all of them

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Auburn had a lot of success with Newton yesterday because they ran a very simple shotgun QB draw play, over and over and over again, and Arkansas got zero penetration the whole time. That game was just as much about two awful defenses as it was about two good QBs.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

we will beat Auburn if we score more points than they do before the game is over.

really though, we are going to turn the ball over, we just better hope it doesn't cost us. We need to limit Auburn to field goals, keep them out of the endzone. Arkansas had slight success doing this, i think we can keep them out. We have the best D Cam has seen all season, and he is going to need more than 2 plays to beat LSU. We have to be extremely agressive on Defense. We need to give him a bunch of different looks on D, and try our best to confuse the hell out of him, keep him guessing where the pressure is coming from, and make him complete passes to move the sticks.

On offense we have to limit our mistakes. We need to run the ball out of the I, and Lee should be able to complete passes downfield. This defense we are up against could be one of the worst i have ever seen in my life. The only thing that is going to lose this game for LSU would be LSU and or the zebras. So once again, limit the mistakes on offense, and contain on D, and we should be able to walk out of there victorious.

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

This.

My keys:
    1. Lee is THE QB, no rotating series
    2. Proper utilization of Russell Shepard
    3. Force Cam Newton to beat us through the air

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

To beat Auburn, you must (a) establish your rushing attack and (b) dominate the time of possession.

But in order to do that, you're going to have to shut down Cam Newton. I have mad respect for the LSU defense, and PP in particular, but I don't think you'll hold Newton to less than 150 yards rushing.

I do like several of the matchups bewtween Auburn's -Line and LSU's D-line .... it's going to be an interesting afternoon.

Bring a good punter ..... because the winner of this game is going to be decided by the coach who best manages field-position for 4 quarters.

SixSixTwoFitty .... on the move

[​IMG]

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If LSU scores more than 24 points, they will win.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

if we play solid offense we will beat them. If we dont get alot of bone head play calls from Crowton and if Miles has a clue this game we can beat them and do it handily. If not then we still have a shot but its a Vegas one, which seems to suit Miles best so hey who knows.

either way I like our chances.