We will beat Auburn if????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 17, 2010.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

1. Start Lee and let him play the WHOLE game. He gives versatility and diversity.

2. Play calling. We have to go down the field more. Its pathetic when your QB doesnt even avg 10 yards per completion against McNeese.

3. Use Sheppard to spy on Newton. We must stop him from breaking big runs. The DEs must keep containment. He is a better passer than given credit for but his running is what kills teams when coverage is good. Which is why Id keep Sheppard as a spy to shadow Newton.

4 Establish Ridley early.

5 Get Shepard the ball more in space against Auburns crappy D.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I just rewatched the game and at the end they interviewed K.Sheppard, said he was from the same area as Cam and that he was very familiar with him and and his abilities... maybe he holds the formula to shutting him down. Definately a plus.

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Les Miles is a big game coach! He knows how to push the buttons on a week like this. The Cowboys came to town right in the middle of us playing the Gators and the War Eagles. Sat night was the biggest college football game that the Cowboys will play this season. All the guys on the Cowboys wanted to play at LSU but couldn't! They played great and LSU was playing to win the game and move on to Auburn.

2:30 pm at Auburn you will see the best that LSU has and it really doesn't matter who starts at QB. I would take a 6 min FG drive by JJ to open the game. We have all decided that JJ will sit but in the mind on Les JL coming off the bench is working and that will not change. I hope we win the toss and defer to see our D vs Cam. That is the game!

We hit Cam often and Hard! #49 - #92 - #11 hitting Cam hard and often can set the tone. Cam is a T-bow, H. Walker, A. Manning type that can take over a game like he did against Arky. I am not sure we can stop him but we might but just a slow pace for Cam and we get say 17 in the first half and add another 14 in the 2nd sounds about right.

Look at the record of Les Miles vs top 10 teams. Look at Aurburn vs top 10 teams.

What did we do to Aurburn last year ? This is all about Cam and how we handle this 1 horse team. It's a great horse but it's a 1 horse outfit.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The key to stopping newton in the running game is for our interior to smash down and not let Auburn create holes, and our D end's must contain. If you watched the Auburn game this past weekend, cam would take the snap, do a little skip waiting for the holes to open, then take off through those holes. The majority of their yards came off 2 plays.

5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I have to say I am pretty encouraged by what I hear. This is a game (I'm ashamed to say scares me a little) because I know we have the horses to win just not sure how those horses will be managed. I think running the ball and controling the clock keeps Cam off the field. After last week I am concerned our mistakes on offense or inability to keep a drive alive will give AU too many chances to score. Sorry for the negativity, I usually have faith in my team but this year's offense has me crazy.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

We need to be + 3 on the turn over margin to offset the advantage au has with jj playing. Jj will give them the short field all day and turnovers will be needed to offset this advantage

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

oh, so we have to score before the game is over. i usually score after :thumb:

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

We beat AU if our D can prevent Cam from scoring more than our O.

9. ShaneTheMaster

ShaneTheMaster Founding Member

We will beat Auburn if Lee plays QB 90% of the snaps