We will go to the sec championship Game!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutyger03, Oct 10, 2006.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't care if we end up in Shreveport in the Independence Bowl as long as we get paired with USC. That would salvage the season for me if we can't play in the NC game.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The AP poll.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

No, I think it goes to a congressional vote.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

It's a stretch but stranger things have happened. I mean in 2003 we made a NC game by 1/32 of 1/10 of a point and we were watching Whatsamatta U and U of Dabbledinkus to see who would score the most fields goals more than 50 yards to get an extra bonus point.

At this point I'd be happy with 10-2 or 9-3. Just don't want the wheels to come off and end up with 4 losses before post season.

5. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Do a Google search with the words.....SEC Divisional Tiebreaker.......and you will get to the rules. Then if you can figure it out let us know.

I think if Auburn, LSU and Arky all end up with two SEC losses the team closest to the site of the SECCG should go:)

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

But what if AU was to burn to the ground? Would we go then? Nevermind, I'll go check the rule book. :yelwink2:

7. strinbj

strinbj Freshman

Here is the list of divisional tie breaks.

(Once the tie has been reduced to two teams, go to the two-team tie-breaker format.)

1. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.

2. Record of the tied teams within the division.

3. Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.

4. Overall record vs. non-division teams.

5. Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams.

6. Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.

7. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.

Now, what this means, I have no clue.

I think #1 is saying that we will all be 1-1 against each other, so go to #2.
    For #2, we will probably all have 1 loss in the division
    #3, I'm guessing this means each teams record against the 4th best team in the division, which will be Alabama.
    #4 is saying the record against the East.
    #5 will find the common non-divisional teams and calculate combined record.
    #6 will find the common team for all 3 that will have the best conference record. This will progress as far as it needs too.
    #7 will use the last BCS poll.

It sounds like it will be a fun second half. I really think LSU still has chance to get to the SEC Championship and redeem itself.

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

So, is it crack or meth? You usually use one of these substances prior to discussing LSU athletics?

9. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

This has to be driving you nuts islstl. ;)

10. Nick316

Nick316 Freshman

if Jamarcus russel was so tired in the florida game do you think les miles should have put a different quarterback in the game? If so, who do you think he should have played?
    :crystal: