we will make tournament, but won't advance, maybe uno or ull can advance?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JETigER, Mar 9, 2004.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

good point sir

2. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i doubt it....as far as lsu goes.....with young players they feed off the coach....the problem with this coach at this time is that his confidence in himself is shaken (or so i think)......this is soul searching time for him since everyone would like his head......easy say.....hard do....

3. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

i see us doing well, i mean last year when we were hitting all cylinders and just beat florida and we were on a role 1st round and we got spanked, maybe the reverse this year

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Also, on the women's side of the bracket, LSU is certain to get an at-large bid and will host a sub-regional at the PMAC. Other Louisiana women's teams likely to make the NCAA Tournament:

Louisiana Tech: Of course. The Lady Techsters (24-2, 17-1) easily won the WAC regular season title and are expected to unmercifully crush the field at the WAC tournament this week. With a ranking of 7th but RPI of 27th, they project anywhere from a 2 seed to a 7 seed, but the committee is notorious for lowballing them. I say they get sent to the PMAC as a 6 seed opposite the Lady Tigers (who will be a 3 seed).

Northwestern State: The Lady Demons (19-6, 14-2) crushed Sam Houston State in the 1st round of the Southland Conference Tournament and are expected to win it all and get the auto bid. They are projected as a 15 seed but could inch up to a 14 if some upsets happen and geographic considerations come into play. I'm afraid the committee will put all three Louisiana schools in the BR subregional. That would be just ridiculous, but it could happen.