Weak non-conference schedules coming up

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by uscvball, May 10, 2019.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

skipping that,.. if there was an 8 team playoff, sos wouldn't matter much,.. you could lose all of your ooc games, win your conference and still be in the playoffs. With no big reason to schedule cupcakes, there would be a ton of great early games, instead of all the boring ass mismatches that define the first three weeks of the season now

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9 conference games would mean playing 5 SEC road games every other season. Also there would be evwn fewer big time OOC matchups. LSU plays Texas on the road this year. Do you think that game would have ever been scheduled if this year we had to play 5 road conference games?

shane0911 and furduknfish like this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

sounds like excuses to me,.. you're the best, but all the cupcakes make you look weak,.. all teams should play the same number of conference and ooc games, it's the only fair way to compare and evaluate for ranking

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

To hell with the rest of the country. They need to mind their won business and try to improve enough to compete with the SEC.

LSU has a home and home with Texas for this season and next. Also have h&h series scheduled with UCLA and Oklahoma in the future. We have played h&h with Washington and Syracuse in the recent past and premier matchups with Oregon, TCU, North Carolina, Wisconsin and BYU (even though the BYU game was moved to Tiger Stadium because of flooding in Houston)

It might be tougher for west coast fans to travel to Dallas, Houston or Atlanta than teams in the south and midwest but nobody is stopping anybody from starting early season matchups in attractive venues like Phoenix or Levi Stadium or the soon to be completed new stadium in LA.

I agree about the need for an 8 team playoff.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It’s more to do with the time change effects. There is a difference tween gaining 3 hrs or losing 3. Especially when talking about short term/ 2 day trips.

TerryP likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So it's easier for you to go to Mamou than it is for somebody to go from Mamou to Bunkie.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Mamou? lol No thanks, unless it’s Mardi Gras.

8. GiantDuckFan

I'm not trying to cause friction, I've always disagreed with pac fans who try to drag the SEC down, our goal should be to rise to your level. But a different number of conference games is unfair. There is an indisputable fact that I never hear about here.

the, BIG, BIG, and PAC,.. are certain to have a record of 6-6 in the 9th conference game
    whereas the SEC playing inferior opponents in the fourth ooc game will probably go 14-0

that's a built in 8 wins conference advantage

that affects the rankings, the teams in the SEC, ACC, get a boost in the rankings from that easy win

half the teams in the BIG, BIG, and PAC get a loss, take a dip in the rankings comparatively

like I said, it's a built-in unfair advantage,. if we had an 8 team playoff, the rankings wouldn't matter much

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    lsu-i-like and uscvball like this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Tennessee I think, has played more Pac12 opponents than any SEC team. Hate to say it but Bama is the only SEC team with a WINNING record against USC.

Don't know about A&M, but you're still gonna get the Dawgs in 2022. I'd suggest you bring your pussies to the ATL because they'll be hurting afterward. They just agreed to a deal with Oklahoma, will complete the h/a with Notre Dame this season, have 5 games scheduled against Clemson and a h/a with the bruins.

They did....once. Went home with a 24-17 loss.
    You got me....who is the Pac 10, though? And once again, FTR, I'm not doing a gotdarn bit of complaining. I offered up a reason for y'all to discuss football based on mutual hate of gators. If you want to bypass that, it's cool but don't put false claims on me.

lsu-i-like and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Then the BIG, BIG and PAC should go to an 8 conference games schedule. Then they could schedule more top OOC games.

Richdog and lsu-i-like like this.