Weak non-conference schedules coming up

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by uscvball, May 10, 2019.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You forgot the under table payments to players and their families.... except the gumps of course. :/

Bottom line, fans don't make schedules. Ceteris paribus, would love to see more contender P5 H/A matchups.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Personally, I like the neutral site games. I like the H/A, to a degree, but can't put one over the other.

It's the circular arguments that amuse me.

On one hand you've got "I hate games where we're blowing away a "sisters of the poor" team by 31.
    On the other hand, you've got a 45-16 score against a inner-divisional team (see Ole Miss last year.)

On one hand you've got fans crying about "I can't take my kids to see the games anymore because they're so expensive."
    On the other hand you'll find the same fans crying for a bigger named team to play in their home stadium—a game they're not going to attend anyway.

It comes to a point where you realize "it is what it is." Some fans just bitch about everything.

3. furduknfish

#offseason

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"On Monday, Forbes’ David Ching pointed out several noteworthy facts about Power Five schedules in 2019, USC is one of just 12 Power Five teams who will play two other major-conference programs in their out-of-conference slate with trips to BYU and Notre Dame, both independents who are nonetheless factor in as Power Five opposition.

The Trojans are joined by Boston College, Purdue, Stanford, West Virginia, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Georgia, Louisville, North Carolina and South Carolina in that feat.

But only five of those 12 are also playing a total of 11 regular-season games against other Power Five opponents: Boston College, Purdue, Stanford, West Virginia and USC.

The picture narrows even more when you factor in games against FCS teams. There are only 17 teams in the Power Five who will not play an FCS team, which is an interesting thing to consider on it’s own.

Per Forbes, those 17 are Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Stanford, Texas, UCLA, Wisconsin and USC.

Of course, the venn diagram of teams playing 11 regular-season games against Power Five opposition and teams not playing FCS opposition only includes three teams: Purdue, Stanford and USC.

Of those three, credit has to go to Stanford. Their out of conference schedule features Northwestern, UCF and Notre Dame with an average S&P+ ranking of 32nd."

HalloweenRun and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. furduknfish

Notre Dame and BYU, yawn...

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And then? #offseason

ParadiseiNC and CajunlostinCali like this.
  7. furduknfish

1081fbf587ca9584778335b69a34dd36.jpg

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Schedule a stronger in-conference schedule.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Stop playing Betty Crocker.

GiantDuckFan and lsu-i-like like this.