Wearing Purple & Gold

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan71, Oct 2, 2007.

1. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Has anyone other than I noticed the large number of people at LSU games who don't wear the colors? I've been to many away games and I can say confidently that this is a major problem at LSU. It's unthinkable for me to attend a game at Tiger Stadium without some P & G. Is there a reason for this? Maybe fans should be turned away at the gates if they're not in P & G or the opponents colors...

1 person likes this.
  2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

While I admire your school spirit, and wear P&G to all games (not to mention at various times during the week), I hardly think that would be considered an 'acceptable' policy.

What really annoys me is people that wear LSU shirts, but not in the school's colors... Ladies? You know what I'm talkin about... those blasted PINK LSU shirts... talk about a travesty.. :(

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i think mr. dorsey needs to have a talk with these heathens!

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Some people think that they are too cool to go with the crowd.

Ever notice how some people wear jeans in the summer (or to Jazzfest, etc.). They think they are too cool to wear shorts. But when I see them, I don't think that they look cool, I think that they are stupid.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I have long shared your sentiment. Don't know what it is attributable to though.

6. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing. When you see stadiums like Nebraska with the whole crowd wearing red, it does look pretty intimidating. Imagine TS as loud as it gets but with all fans wearing gold shirts. That has got to be an awsome sight. I know I've heard before on the Les Miles show they ask the fans to come in a certain color, but maybe we need a better way to get the word out.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Hey! I'm doing you a favor! My legs are a shade of white you may not be familiar with: hyper-white! :lol:

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think they look the opposite of cool - HOT. And not 'HOT' in the good way. All sweaty and nasty. Ewww...

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

All the more reason for you to wear shorts and get some color on those things. I have sunglasses that will hopefully provide adequate shielding. :lol:

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I was on the road on the Saturday of the SC game and watched it on TV. Wasn't that the game where everyone was supposed to wear gold? Well, on TV it appeared that the vast majority did wear gold and it looked great on the overhead shots of Tiger Stadium.

As I watch most of the games on TV I see a lot of P&G...but maybe the TV crews are picking out those wearing team colors. Sure looks good when there's lots of color in the stands.

I agree that the use of the LSU logo on anything other than purple, gold, or white seems odd. Why bother? Especially the pink stuff. And while I'm on the topic of school colors, I hope we can avoid wearing pink uniforms regardless of the worthy cause it represents. Those horrid uniforms last week may have opened the door to all kinds of "worthy cause" uniform changes.

Purple and Gold. Wear them. Bleed them. Love them. And stop messing with tradition!

That's all I have to say about that.:eek:ldskule:

[​IMG]