Webster?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JVincent25, Dec 8, 2003.

1. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Just wondering, everywhere I see that he is a senior, but I could've swore that the guy was a junior, can someone clear this up for me?

2. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

He is a junior.

3. JVincent25

Nice. So, except for Lavalais the majority of our defense wil be back. Anyone know if Spears is considering leaving?

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

According to spears he is staying, We have a few seniors like Devery Henderson, Lavalaid, Jack Hunt that will need to be replaced.

Of Course Mauck is still the big X Factor. As much as I like to see him come back and finish. I think we are all excited to see what the Freshman can do (Russell and Flynn)

5. JVincent25

If we want to have the most success next year, then I say we go to the dentistry school and rip up Mauck's application. But, I would love to see what the freshmen can do, especially Russell who is so talented.

While Hunt is a leader for the defense, he misses a lot of tackles and isn't that fast. I don't know who we have to replace him, but he won't be leaving a massive hole at the saftey position. If Clayton stays, then Green can step right in and fill Henderson's shoes. Hopefully Doucet will be a Tiger next year and he'll be able to contribute right away. I really like our chances next year if Clayton comes back, I think I'm getting ahead of myself here though.

6. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I think Jesse Daniels will play SS next year.

7. lsujay

lsujay Founding Member

Stevenson... JUCO DB

I think Mario Stevenson will be a starting CB one way or another... If Webster leaves he will take over for him... If he doesn't leave I think Travis Daniels gets moved back to SS.

Stevenson is a JUCO ALL-AMERICAN... JMO

8. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Travis is a natural CB, Coach Saban likes him there. I think Stevenson will need a year, or at least sometime to learn the Defense, like Hollis did. Wasnt Hollis an AA in Juco? I think it will be Landry and J Daniels at Safety, with both CBs returning, Mario could be a solid nickelback.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We will miss Jack Hunt's leadership on defense. I refer you to the Florida Game. The defense played well but with Jack back there we may have held them to a couple of field goals. JMHO.

10. conradj

conradj Founding Member

We will miss Jack enormously, but it doesn't mean we wont get better, I think whatever his replacement lacks in smarts, he will make up for with athletic ability. Jack will be missed though