Wedding or football game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan4life, Aug 25, 2004.

1. BengalBelle9119

BengalBelle9119 Founding Member

see I knew you guys would understand what I was goin through and would appreciate the fact that I mad the right decision

I am a gal and I agree that you made the right decision. All of my friends know that I'm off limits during football season. Hell, my son wouldn't even think to ask me to babysit on a Saturday Night!

2. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

My preacher at our church does not do weddings during football season. He tells everyone to wait. :lsup:

3. SanAntonioTiger

SanAntonioTiger Founding Member

Had To

Rarely do I post,

Despite tickets in hand, I was forced to miss both the Georgia game and the Ole Miss game last year due to my best friends wedding and my mother-in-laws 2nd wedding.

A few rules that should be observed.

1) Never under any circumstance should there be a second big wedding, unless the bride or groom has never been married before.

2) Wedding coordinators should have to go through training in order to perform their services. Scheduling during football season would be grounds for dismissal.

3) If at all possible, if forced to participate in such an ill timed event. Do have cell phone ready with web-capability. Or have a transplant at the back of the church willing to provide updates via sign language or rare East African verbal cues.

4) Just send a nice card with a gift certificate to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and sign the note Matt Damon Ala Good Will Hunting style......"Went to see about a game"

4. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

I skipped agame for a friend's wedding last year, and I swore it was the last time. Well, it was. I have a good friend getting married during the Oregon State game. Sorry, :helmet: LSU football it is. If they were a real friend, they would have known better. :thumb: Geaux Tigers!

5. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

bride needed her head examined...

i was actually yelled at when i was a bridesmaid in a wedding for wearing my headphones and listening to the CWS at the reception. but after she saw about 50 people come up to me and ask the score she stepped off.

6. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: