Week 1

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by marcmc99, Jul 14, 2006.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Bored and looking at the schedule over at SECSports.com. Warning -- Not much thoughtful analysis here. I think all the helmet / uniform posts are driving me mad. Besides our game, you've got:

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I think the Alabama and Auburn games could be closer than most think.

Arkansas is improved, but I could see another blowout. USC lost some players, but they have recruited so well I could see them winning by 21+.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I thought the correct name was the Yellow Chickens. :hihi:

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

South Carolina should definitely beat Miss St, but I think it'll be close till the late 3rd quarter.

USC will come away with a win at Arkansas, no matter how bad they are & how much more improved Arkansas is. Carroll's defense will not falter to a highschool coach.

Bama-Hawaii could be interesting. High flying offense versus great defense. Could turn out to be a very boring game, expect it to be a pretty close battle.

Auburn should beat Washington St, but I don't know much about them.

Florida will not lose to Southern Miss. Meyer's offense preys on these types of teams. Look for a big win for Florida and the hype machine to be full blown.

Kentucky at Louisville, Louisville should win, but I'll have to root for UK.

Memphis may beat Ole Miss. I'll watch this game if for no other reason than to see Shaeffer, who should be relatively exciting.

Tennessee-Cal is a great game. It's huge for Fulmer, and for that reason I think UT can pull it out.

It'll be interesting to see how much Michigan has improved after a dismall season last year. Other than that, not a lot of interest in this game except maybe seeing Vandy's new QB.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

There is a rumor (I guess it is) on the radio today that Schaefer will not complete his final class.

Colonel, any news or truth to this?

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I'm in complete agreement. Hawaii brings a high scoring spread offense against a defense that will be chock full of newcomers. Even if Bama holds them below their 30+PPG scoring average , the question is whether the Bama O can put enough points on the board. I predict a Bama win, but narrowly.

WSU is much improved an will be deserving of a Top 25 ranking. Their All-American WR Jason Hill may make a huge difference if he can take advantage of a defense that will trying to groove in to Will Muschamp's defensive play calling. Auburn has the depth, but they will need to avoid turnovers to beat WSU in J-H. This game reminds me a lot of the Ga Tech game last season....

7. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

I think the TN v. CAL game is critical for TN. A win and they probably have a pretty good season, but a loss spells disaster! I love the conference, but I got to pull for CAL. I would love to see Phil squirm and blame everybody else in the world on his way out of town.

8. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

The Ark/USC game is on the top of the list for me. It will be a great game for ARK and they will show that they have a better football team then everybody thinks. McFadden will run all over USC and arkansas' defense is very athletic.

Kent./Louis- I also am looking forward to this game. Little is a great punt returner. Everytime I saw a kentucky game last year, Little would have like a 40 yard return. Hes a fun guy to watch and could very well beat Louisville all by himself.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Ark/USCW--It will be depend on how good JDB is whether or not USC wins by a large margin, if he sin't this game will go down to the wire I think.

USCE/MooU--Spurrier's boys will win big I think. Croom just does not have much to work with and without cheating he ain't gonna have much to work with.

AU/Wazzu--This could be a very entertaining ballgame but I believe the War Hens will outscore them in the second half handily.

Bama/UH--Bama will bulldoze the Rainbows mercilessly in the second half and win going away.

UF/USM--This game will be most interesting to me in order to see if:

1. Leak has gotten more comfortable with the spread or if Meyer will abandon it most of the time.

2. If the Gaytors can finally run the ball.

3. And to see if the UF defense is going to be as good as advertised by many.

UT/Cal--I'll root for UT, I'd much rather Fulmer get run out of dodge for losing to SEC teams only.

UM/MU--Again I'll root for the Johnny Rebs, but Memphis may still have more talent and the Tigers always want it more than Ole Miss, it's about the biggest game on the Memphis schedule.

UK/UL--I have a feeling the Mildcats are going to be out of town by the Cardinals.

VU/Big Blue--I'm praying Vandy's defense shows up and gives the Wolverines fits for a half or so. After last seasons debacle Carr will have Mich. ready to roll I think.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

S Carolina @ MSU
    I don't see Croom getting it done at Miss St - losing by at least 14 to S Carolina will be the beginning of the end. Miss St is just better than a 1aa team.

USC @ Arkansas
    The pigs will give USC a game and may just pull the upset. Nutt is a solid coach. The high school coach will get respect from everyone on this board who's been trash talking him.

Hawaii @ Bama
    I think Bama gets the win, but Bama might have more trouble shaking the rust off, giving the 1D Rainbow Warriors a chance.

Washington St @ Auburn
    Looks alot like the Bama game, except both teams are a little better. I like Auburn, but expect Washington St to have an easier time out the gates than Auburn, which gives them a chance to win. Ok, maybe Washington St is much better than Hawaii.

S Miss @ Florida
    Florida will look good against the chicken hawks.

W Kentucky @ Georgia
    W Kentucky will probably play hard and respectably, but I think Georgia wins +21.

Kentucky @ Louisville
    Louisville's chance at making a BCS bowl won't be hurt by the punchless wildcats. Louisville might RUTS.

Memphis @ Ole Miss
    Should be an exciting (well... competitive) game between two teams of equal talent. I'd be mildly shocked if Coach Og gets the W.

Cal @ Tennessee
    Normally I'd pick Cal based on my total disrespect of Fulmer's coaching ability, but Fulmer did one thing right in the offseason - he got David Cutcliff back. Tennessee might actually win this one, though I wouldn't at all be surprised by a win by Cal. Should be a great game.

Vandy @ Michigan
    The high school team that Vandy fields will be demolished by the wolverines.