Weird Baby Names

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good thing. She would have gotten punch in the face a lot.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I had high school classmates who were Kristine and Krystal Kringle.

Sly Stallone should be slapped.....Sage Moonblood and Seargeoh? Blech. Ginger Spicegirl has a Bluebell Madonna. Bob Geldoff has(had) Fifi Trixibelle, Peaches Honeyblossom (now dead), and Pixie. Geldoff's wife also boffed former and now dead INXS singer Michael Hutchence and they went with Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily. Destry Spielberg.....about to be a freshman at USC....spare me. Tallulah, Scout, and Rumer....strange and strange-looking. Penn Jillette has Moxie Crimefighter and Zolten.

Dweezil I really dislike because I read somewhere it was a nickname he had for one of his own toes. Gross. He also had a Diva Muffin. I'm not sure I want to know what that was named after.

Why do people name their child Satchel? Why not go with manpurse or shoulderbag?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Satchel would be after former Negro league pitcher Satchel Page. He finally got in the big leagues after Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier but he was old by then. Some people say he could have been the greatest pitcher ever.

Bluebell Madonna sounds like Bluebell merged with Ben and Jerry's. Tallulah Bankhead was a famous actress in silent movies. I once knew a guy named Scout but I don't know if it was his real name or a nickname

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I have heard reference to the orange and lemon jello name numerous times by people other than me, so the story of those names has gotten around. Clearly, I'm not the only one who has encountered them, so it is originating from other's experiences, too. It's just when I saw LaSalle refer to it, I thought to myself, I didn't just hear about it, I saw it first hand, and it's not made up.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How long ago was it? Are they old enough now to be having lots of little Jellos? Are Grape, Cherry and Strawberry next?

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Circa 1993-95. Don't know about offspring, LOL.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They are 20 - 22. Plenty old enough

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Scout was named from Scout in "To Kill a Mockingbird." Now, of course, Scout was her nickname, so there's that...

When I taught in Louisiana, I had identical twins in my homeroom named Johnny and Johnnie. I shit you not.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

George Foreman named all 10 or 11 of his sons George.

StaceyO likes this.
  10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I have a kid this year... Last name Love... Middle name "Godis".