Weird Baby Names

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I've said this for years and years.

That being if a hiring manager truly had a grudge or a prejudice, names like these make his/her job easy.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How would you pronounce this child's name? She spells her name..... "Le-a"

This child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. She says it's pronounced . . . "Ledasha". When the Mother was asked how in the world did she figured it should be pronounced that way, she said . . .

"'cause the dash is not silent!"

So, if you see a name come across your desk like this... please remember to pronounce the dash. And... if anyone axe you why, tell them it's 'cause the dash is not silent!

el005639, shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LOL I just know that somewhere there is a child whose name is spelled # and pronounced Hashtag

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this urban myth has been around a long time too. But im guessing theres one out there somewhere.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This one came from my postmaster friend. The mailmen see an amazing number of really stupid names and often have to deal with really irate people with stupid names.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I named one of my students Hashtag last year. We spell it #ashtag. Why did we do this? Well, he says it's his rapper name. I did it, though, because his name is Adolf, and I couldn't stand saying it over and over.

Then, I lucked out and got him again this year. I'm not being facetious, though, because I really do like the kid and am happy to teach him for another year.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yeah, the Ladasha urban myth hit up here in Texas even...always in LP, though. So who knows? In the LP, I taught identical twins named Johnny and Johnnie.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah well a guy i worked with for many years musta had the same postmaster friend because he'd repeat the story every time stupid names came up.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A rapper named Adolf. Is he white or black?

There was a guy who lived on River Road who would sell crawfish. He had a bunch of kids. One of the boys, about 15 or 16 at the time told me he wanted to be a rapper. (white kid). There was an old police car in the yard. The O had faded out of the word police on the side of the car. I told the kid his rapper name should be P Lice.