Weird Scenario for ya...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Auburn wins out and takes the SEC. LSU finishes with one loss and somehow works its way up to number two in the BCS. It could POSSIBLY happen...not saying it's likely. Again...not saying it's likely.

But what if? A rematch? A snub? Boise or TCU (who the announcers were creaming over after beating another overrated little-league team)?

I think in that scenario, LSU goes to the Sugar against TCU and Boise nation finally gets its wish and gets creamed like the amateurs they are.

Chime in!

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Im not 100% sure, but I think there is arule that says two teams from the same conference cant play in the BCS championship game.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It will all depend on the computers

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I hear what you are saying, but I don't see how Oregon loses. I really don't. They only chance they will lose a game will be against in-state rival oregon st. They shouldn't lose that game, but that game, like many rival games, can be quite funny in how they play out.

Lou Holz was on ESPN running his mouth during the Arky-cock halftime about TCU and Boise being the best in the country right now. Discuss! :)

5. cheese_nips

cheese_nips Freshman

Another scenario that I was thinking of would be: Auburn beats Georgia then loses BADLY to Alabama (like 42-17 or something). LSU wins out. Auburn drops to, lets say ten-ish. They go on to beat who ever feels like showing up at the SEC 'Ship from the east and they win. Now lets say Oregon trips up somewhere and Boise St trips up somewhere... Do you think LSU (who I believe may be number five or six after this week, in the BCS) can make the National Championship game?

Fun to think about. I would enjoy the chaos and up roar.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So you're totalling writing Oregon out of the championship picture? Disagree, but I can now see us winning out, and with Auburn going to the BCSNC, the Sugar picking us over whoever wins the East. Don't know what the pecking order is for this year, but we could face Boise or TCU in that scenario.

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

The computers rank us ahead of Boise already I believe.

If we win out, and Auburn or Oregon lose 1 game. We have a shot.

A small shot, but at least it would be a shot.

8. shere khan

shere khan Founding Member

There's probably some clause that prevents non-conference champs from being in the BCS championship game or at least from having 2 teams from the same conference. We would have to read the fine print, but I'm sure a similar scenario would have been discussed in contract negotiations for the BCS. Can't see how conferences would let that slide.

9. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I don't think your scenario will happen, but for the sake of discussion, I still maintain that if you can't win your conference, you got no business being in the BCSNCG. This is pretty much the same argument Jawja tried to make on us in 2007. :rolleye33:

10. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

There are no clauses like "2 teams from the same conference"... or "you have to be conference champs."

BCS#1 plays BCS#2

Period.

We need Oregon or Auburn or TCU to lose, and maybe Boise.