Weird Scenario for ya...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Nov 6, 2010.

1. shere khan

shere khan Founding Member

........then here's to winning out and "Computer Love"!!!!!:crystal:

2. cheese_nips

cheese_nips Freshman

Exactly what I was thinking. But I still think it would be very interesting to witness the chaos. Better yet, Auburn loses two, we win out (including the SECC), Oregon and/or Boise/TCU drop one.... and taa daa, there we are sitting all pretty after the whole nation tried considering us a joke this year.

Wishful thinking, I know, but this is why I enjoy college football so much. Because every game matters. I find myself rooting for W. Virginia, N. Carolina, and Moo U every week just so that way our SOS for the computers look better.

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

The currently hypothetical question you bring up is whether a one-loss LSU (or any SEC team for that matter) would or should jump a no-loss TCU or Boise in the BCS standings? Obviously, those fans would say hell no, but a lot of pundits around the country do not like the fact that these two schools play in a weak conference. At any rate, it's too early to worry about this scenario right now. I think Boise will win out, and I suspect TCU will as well, but I am not familiar with their remaining schedule.

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

This is in fact why the BCS is such a success. Every game is relevant and very much matters, even games that involve teams who are out of the running. At any rate, a few weeks ago, I was up in Oregon and I read a story in their largest daily newspaper. They were discussing the Oregon Ducks. The theme of the article was not about Oregon making a run at the :crystal: . It was about Oregon "hopefully" blowing up the BCS completely. Unbelievable. :rolleye33: I know those folks feel jobbed from the 2001 season (or was it 20002?). At any rate, have them ask Auburn fan feels about being snubbed after going 12-0. Is Auburn writing articles today about blowing up the BCS? I kinda doubt it.

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

The way I see it, we(LSU) need 8 losses from other teams and to win out, of course, to go the the BCSNCG. Auburn has to lose twice, then all of the following have to lose:Boise, TCU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Wisconsin, Nebraska. If ALL of those things happen, LSU goes to Glendale even if they would not be conference champs. Don't knock it, it's happened before. 2001-Nebraska played for the title and did not play in the Big 12 title game. Also, Oklahoma lost it's conference title game in 2003 but still played in the BCS title game. Big IF, but a possibility none the less.

6. cheese_nips

cheese_nips Freshman

You don't believe that we are gonna jump over Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and Nebraska after this week?

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That is false.

Michigan and Ohio State almost played each other back in 2006, but the voters thought better of it.

Michigan and Ohio State were ranked 1 and 2 and played each other in the last game of the season. Ohio State won, and the voters decided to drop Michigan behind Florida, allowing Florida to play Ohio State instead.

It was really close.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Problem is that if/when OU or NEB win the Big 12 title game, they would probably jump back over us if AU goes to the SECCG. Now, if we go to and win the SECCG we would probably only need the two Auburn losses(to UGA and ALA) and a loss by two of the following:Oregon, TCU, Boise. Maybe just Oregon or maybe none of the above. That gets into the whole: is a 1-loss SEC champ more deserving of a spot in the title game than an undefeated TCU or Boise State. However, if Auburn's two losses are to either UGA or Ala and in the SECCG, then we need more teams to lose b/c we won't get the benefit of a SECCG win. There is still hope. Remember 2003? and 2007?!

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Not gonna lie, I'd favor TCU getting a shot over a 1-loss team.

10. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Actually, I know a way. Pretend it's 2007, and pretend Dennis Dixon is their quarterback. And then, since you think Oregon has no chance at losing, buy 10 $32 shares on Oregon to go to the national championship.

Guarantee it will work.