Welcome back, scum

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, May 18, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A superdome sellout will be 70% Tiger fans. This should be an early september game in the air conditioning!

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

impressive use of bullets for effect.

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Could we make the away game @ Superdome ? Now if Tulane still had Sugar Bowl stadium, this would be fine, but who wants to play at that busch league stadium ?

5. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

It will be nice every other year to have a LSU home game right in my backyard. Plus the 10 victories are an added bonus.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

They sell beer, it's Air Conditioned, and I won't need to drive intoxicated to party after the game - this is a good thing for all of you.

It's a great recruiting op as well. Food, fun, football for kids on unofficial visits...

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

"The agreement calls for LSU to retain and sell an allotment of tickets for those games that are played in the Louisiana Superdome, giving LSU revenue that substantially offsets the loss of a home playing date in the years the Tigers visit Tulane. Tulane will receive a financial guarantee and the option to purchase tickets." -- LSUsports.net

No way would LSU play Tulane if not in the Dome where big money could be made.

8. max

max Founding Member

My impression is that, even though it is a home and home, it is more like all home games for LSU financially. LSU controls the tickets at the Superdome and Tiger Stadium. Tulane gets a financial guarantee and the option to buy tickets.

The bad part to me is that this will be boring. Does anyone doubt that we will win all ten games at very worst nine? I would have preferred home and homes against the USC's and Ohio State's of the world but I guess the athletic department did not want to give up the revenue every other year.

Rest assured that financially it will be almost the same as if all 10 games were played in Tiger Stadium or they wouldn't have made the deal. If the money was divided like a normal home and home they would have scheduled USC and Michigan types.

9. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Red hit the relevant language. I plan to do a PRD request on the LSU A.D. to find out the details of the ticket exchange. I'll report back when I get a copy of the actual contract.

I'm guessing that LSU will get 40,000-50,000 of the seats in the Dome every other year.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

The real question here is... Do we get alcohol in the Dome during the game every other year?