Welcome back, scum

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, May 18, 2005.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Welcome back Tiger Rag. It'll be good to have you for another 10 years.

[​IMG]

Edit: And yes, it is the Tiger Rag, not "The Rag" as lsusports.net puts it. The original was destroyed in a fire at Tulane in 1982.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I doubt it.

Isn't it a Tulane home game?

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Tulane serves beer for their home games at the dome.

4. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

I love the deal because:

---Tickets in New Orleans will be a minimum of $40 each, which is on par with Tiger Stadium. LSU will receive a minimum of 40,000 tickets for Dome dates and a minimum of $1,000,000. The Scum will pocket $600,000 and an allotment of 7,000 tickets for Tiger Stadium. The beer drinkers can booze it up in the Dome but really, isn't there a cheaper venue to get wasted in?

--- The real home team for New Orleans will play there every other year

But mainly because my Pond Scum buddy just called crying that LSU "hosed us bad. It's OUR home game!" I replied, "Isn't this similar to the hosing Southern and Florida A&M were giving you?" THIS DEAL IS JUST GUTTING THEIR SMALL LEGION O' FANS! To get us back, they took it and took it hard. Skip wins another round! They'll fire Dickson over this!!! Ha ha ha

5. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

It gets even better! I know the guy who runs this web site! He FLUNKED out of LSU in the late 70's. Incredible!

6. LuvDoc

LuvDoc Founding Member

Where did you get the details on the guarantee and the ticket allotment?

The lsusports.net announcment was disturbingly light on details.

If the details are as described, is mcmikel's interpretation that this is a real coup by LSU accurate?

BTW, anyone believing that this will not be the 12th game each year (i.e no change in policy with regards to the other three nonconference games: two home pusses and a pansy), PM me because I need to sell my four 50 yard-line tickets to the upcoming home-away with Oklahoma.

7. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

WWL TV (maybe their web site, too) in New Orleans and the LSU web site have the details. LSU nailed 'em.

8. Bucktown Tiger

Bucktown Tiger Founding Member

I like it !
    #1) New Orleans area recruiting will be boosted. HUGE !
    #2) It will be easy wins - against a team that people recognize. Thats a big step-up from the State Sectional schools and the 1-AA teams we have played in the past few years.
    #3) It gives some of LSU's New Orleans fans the opportunity to see LSU play - maybe even with good seats.

BTW, this is a GREAT deal for Tulane as well. It guarantees that they will sell 27K tickets for the LSU game (with us having the other 40K). 27K is way more tickets than they can sell for any other opponent. They also get to sell recruits on playing LSU in the Dome.

It's a win/win/win for everyone - LSU, Tulane, and especially, the fans !

9. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Tulane doesn't get 27,000 tickets. They get an allotment with LSU getting a minimum of 40,000. LSU can take 60,000 tickets if the demand is there. This an LSU 10-year home stand. LSU will probably cut the Scum an allotment based on their NCAA numbers of the previous season for home games. This all but puts the Weenies in Tad Gormley in an attempt to raise the attendance. This just proves how far the scum have fallen.

The big loser is ULL. They were very hopefully of a 3-1 or 4-1 home-home rotation with LSU with the ULL home game in New Orleans.

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I for one, love this! We have our greatest, oldest rivalry back, and I think it's awesome. Tradition is what college football is all about. Now if only we could get Texas A&M back on the schedule. It will help us cement our fanbase and our recruiting in New Orleans as well.

mcmikel, I don't think you're going to be able to spin this as a "we robbed Tulane blind and we dictated terms to them and they lost out huge" kind of situation. Because I agree with Bucktown Tiger, this is a win-win for all involved. And why would you want to anyway? Why can't it just be about our two schools getting together to renew this great rivalry on mutually beneficial terms (and this is mutually beneficial). Tulane is gettin' a big payday out of this and their fans are getting the game they most want to see. BTW, Tulane does still have some fans. With or without this series, they were in absolutely no danger of not meeting 1-A attendance criteria. But they are indeed getting a huge spike in attendance AND a big game to sell their recruits on. Like BT said, everybody wins.

Hate on Tulane all you want, I love to do it from time to time myself. But hate on them with facts, and do it in good fun, not in a sneering way.