Welcome Coach O, Good riddance Joe Alleva

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 26, 2016.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

Given O is the HC now, I'll curtail my negative comments (but not completely). Important to give him a chance and hope he succeeds. Alleva on the other hand needs to go now. Now! Now! Before the clock strikes 12 GTFO!

One year to prepare for this day and this is how it plays out? Imagine the fans had been told last year or early this fall that we were firing Les for CEO... how would that have gone over? Joe "I'm the f*cking search" Alleva had a top 3 of Fisher, Herman and O? That's the best he can do with 1 year to prepare? Out of these 3, then O probably is the best choice, but we deserved a far better top 3.

Jimbo had worn out his welcome with many LSU fans before he left for FSU. Search the old threads in this forum and you'll see a lot of bitching about Fisher. What's he done at FSU? Weak ass conference most of the time he's been there. Clemson was a non-factor much of that time and the ACC sucked. Won a NC with a superior QB, getting lucky to beat Auburn in the NC. Made FSU look real bad the way he handled Winston's off field issues.

Herman, what's he ever done? Beat Oklahoma. Well who hasn't? OU has never met an underdog they didn't like to lose to. Who else has Herman beat? Louisville? A basketball school? Didn't even know they had a football team. He lost to SMU, Memphis and Navy? And you are going to make this the highest paid coach in the nation? How the hell does he deserve the hype? And we now know he is a liar who broke and verbal agreement with Alleva. Lets see how Herman does at Texas.

These are the top 3 after a one year search? You scour the entire college football world and NFL for the top candidates and this is what you come up with? Seriously? What a fricking disaster.

CEO is a great motivator and recruiter, but an X and O guy who can play chess with Saban? Big warning flags with O: LSU is the only team not to score on Bama this year and had a wildly undisciplined outing against the 14 point underdog gators.

LSU_4_LIFE and Winston1 like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Agree on Alleva, I'll support O but it will not shock me when LSU is watching Texas play in the playoff next year while we are sitting at home with another 8 win season. Woohoo

TwistedTiger and DownOnTheBayou like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Melt bitches.

65Grad and furduknfish like this.
  4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Alleva couldn't even turn the microphone on to begin the press confernce.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

"There was no choice other than to hire coach O" joe alleva.

Exactly

kcal and tirk like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

Yeah because Alleva is a stupid big nosed fuck that has botched every major decision as an Athletic director. Why pay for a championship when you can get mediocrity on the cheap.

DownOnTheBayou likes this.
  7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

So what would you have done? Who would you be announcing now? And if Herman, how high were you willing to go?

Richdog, didit and Rouxleaux like this.
  8. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Texas has no chance of being in the playoffs next year.

9. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Houston had no chance of going 13-1 last year and beating FSU in the Peach Bowl.

10. LaSalleAve

Better chance than LSU has.