Welcome Coach Steele and Coach O

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Jan 14, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The blitz has started, from my good friend Shea:

Orgeron's already making recruitingwaves ...

LSU defensive line coach Ed Orgeron is known for being a relentless recruiter, and dozens of stories about his unorthodox approach to recruiting have surfaced during his time in college football.

How long would Tiger fans have to wait before Orgeron had a "Coach O" moment in Baton Rouge?

Not long.

With the dead period now lifted, college coaches were allowed to start recruiting again on Thursday morning, and Orgeron and new defensive coordinator Kevin Steele hit the road, with the first stop coming in Alabama to visit with four-star defensive endPrince Tega Wanogho Jr., who is one of the staff's top targets on the board leading up to National Signing Day.

Before Orgeron met his first high school coach while wearing the purple-and-gold, he was already busy coaching up a Top 100 prospect.

"I was a little late for the meeting with them, and I walked into the room and Coach Orgeron was already on the ground teaching Tega some new defensive line moves," Edgewood Academy head coach Bobby Carr said. "It was something to see.

"I can definitely tell you that I was impressed with him."

Orgeron and Steele won't stop there. On Thursday, they also plan to make stops in Georgia and Florida, where they will check in with another four-star defensive end and a five-star defensive end for the 2015 class.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yaw yaw knows what he's doing. His style is a little different, more down to earth and damn effective. Wait until he has a full year to recruit prospects.

ThePhenom74 and LSUDad like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

He's still gonna leave a mark this year, it's him MO

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I hope so, if you're talking about recruiting. However it's extremely late in the game, so I'm trying not to get overly excited. He'll definitely make an instant impact on the field and next year's class should be off the charts.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

A text, from A friend, and they are ALL?

@msully saying he received four texts from fans saying something along the lines of "thanks, you've taken our worst coach?" @LSUDad mentions something about fans pointing to two games as the reason those two aren't on the staff?

Where the hell are you guys meeting these people?!?!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bayou La Batre?

kluke, msully, LSUDad and 1 other person like this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Back Brusly.

Bengal B and StaceyO like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

At lunch

shane0911 and LSUDad like this.
  9. msully

msully Founding Member

red their are my neighbors here in Nashville . We all have gardens , are retired , eat breakfast at the same time at the Bar B Cutie , . There are 3 Tigers fan , I think 6 Vol fans 3 or 4 Ole Miss fans , about 20 different guys and 6 I think different teams . One is even a Buckeye fan we all gang up on him . It is seed starting time in Tennessee. At some point in the week they all stop by to tell me what I am doing wrong , and let me know which plant and how many they want ,. I have found out that everyone that likes football likes a good tomato . They like it even better when they get to transplant it and it is free . I will be back later in the day . A friend is on his way wants to borrow my fender amp,
    GEAUX TIGERS !!!

LSUDad likes this.
  10. Tiredoflosing

Tiredoflosing Veteran Member

We will lose 6 SEC games this year. O is a has been that never was. Steele was told to leave Bama.